Huge deer on the southend of St. Simons Island

They are Fallow deer. Little St Simons has a herd of about 500. It is a short swim for them over to Sea Island and then they can walk to St. Simons.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I am pretty sure they are fallow deer

yeah they are fallows for sure

Those are fallow deer

They are fallow deer

They are fallow deer

Those are fallow deer.

They are Fallow deer.

What kind of deer are those?

I know they ain't whitetail. ::ke:

rbsharp

Got to hunt on little st Simons ,bout 20 years ago, shot like a 20 point and 18 point , some where solid white ,but they told us not to shot a albino , meat was not very tasty , best to spend your money on a Colorado hunt ,way better you might think they look like a elk ,but no where close on quality off the meat

run68bone

I know this thread is a few years old but has anyone hunted Fallow on St Simons or Little St Simons? I’d like to try but don’t know how to get in touch with any Hunting clubs there or if folks will let a Person hunt on private land.

nmurph

Yes, my reply was tongue-in-cheek.

I've known about the deer for many years. I've gone to LSSI countless times but have never seen one of these deer.

run68bone

Anyone know about hunting Fallow on St. Simons or LSSI?

I know this thread is a few years old but has anyone hunted Fallow on St Simons or Little St Simons? I’d like to try but don’t know how to get in touch with any Hunting clubs there or if folks will let a Person hunt on private land.

I asked this a few months ago. It sounds like no one knows about how to legally hunt Fallow. Is there public land, or private clubs? I've heard there are clubs but I can't find any information. I've hunted Fallow before, and would really like to do it again, and do it here in Georgia.

XJfire75

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
I asked this a few months ago. It sounds like no one knows about how to legally hunt Fallow. Is there public land, or private clubs? I've heard there are clubs but I can't find any information. I've hunted Fallow before, and would really like to do it again, and do it here in Georgia.

No public land with them and hunting was extremely exclusive and limited on LSSI. They are now actively getting rid of them.

https://www.littlestsimonsisland.com/blog/invasive-species-management

run68bone

Devil of a Time

Looks hunting on St Simons and Little St Simons Island is just a hard to do. I'll keep looking into it and hope that I have news to share in the future.