Proof that the Insurance Companies are the reason for higher deer limits and baiting

j_seph

Lets see the pudding that the proof is supposed to be in.:pop:

PappyHoel

I think there is a thread from way back where a state rep or someone in the legislature said it was absolutely not true.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I read one from 09 where Charlie said it wasn't true about insurance companies. Although I read where Allstate said the avg. deer collison costs $4185. And where Ohio crashes went up 60% as well and had to do something.

Anyone driving to and fro the woods in the late 80's through the mid 90's knew how many deer there were. It was a task to get to the woods at night. The numbers were out of hand in the Piedmont. I'm sure it's regulated to a balanced carrying capacity. Now controlled by the amount of either sex days and season length

FlipKing

Who is willing to pay 50% in car insurance for more deer?

KKrueger

I have been to some of the committee meetings way back probably 18 years ago. There were insurance company lobbyist types who opposed baiting at that time as they felt it would artificially raise the carrying capacity of the land and would in turn increase deer densities.

shdw633

Who is willing to pay 50% in car insurance for more deer?

50%!!!! More like three to four times higher!! My brother in law has just as many cars as I do, similar monetary value and driving record, I pay $1800 a year and he pays $7000 a year.

swamp hunter

Dang..A good Cow catcher on the front would help.
My dad put on one his Blazer and he hit 7 deer in 2 years..no damage at all and they were Mulies in Colorado

FlipKing

50%!!!! More like three to four times higher!! My brother in law has just as many cars as I do, similar monetary value and driving record, I pay $1800 a year and he pays $7000 a year.

There about 50 more factors that go into it but insurance companies profit margin isnt as high as everyone thinks. As their costs go up, so do rates.

transfixer

I think there is a thread from way back where a state rep or someone in the legislature said it was absolutely not true.

And you're going to believe a politician ? I heard it from a dnr ranger years ago, but had never seen anything in print till I went back and re-read the thread Nic posted a link to.