Summer time sheep bite?

This is the weekend in a row that either me or my brother have gotten out and gotten on some good sized sheepshead at low tide. Put my friend on his biggest ever a nice 18 and a half incher. We pulled the hook or broke off on 3 more at least that size. The bite is pretty good as well, had 100 fiddlers Friday and used close to all of them. Left the fish biting. Starting to see some more nice black drum show up too. Let’s hope this keeps going!

Nice lil bro ... must’ve been a nice boat you slipped out there on ... did y’all catch any Sunday??

Oh definitely a nice boat. It’s a finely tuned fishing machine. We only got to fish a few minutes of the last of the low tide then had to go back to the dock and pick a friend up. Caught two throwbacks and lost one real nice one that pulled drag and spit the hook. By the time we got back to the spot current was flying and we hit a couple different trees and got a few bites but no fish. Ended up going out in the sound and trying to catch some reds but no luck. Awesome weather and more trucks and trailers than I’ve ever seen at Kilkenny in my life.

fuelman1

I caught a couple of nice size black drum the last trip fishing the rock piles in Sapelo Sound. I caught one Sunday that was about 5 lbs. It bit on a piece of shrimp. Tide was outgoing and closer to low. Things slowed down and I beached on Blackbeard for a while. When the tide started coming in I went back to the same place and caught one that was over 10 lbs. Lots of fun on the light tackle.