Good rabbit recipes??

REDMOND1858

Growing up we raised rabbits and ate rabbit once or twice a week. Usually fried but would try different stuff every now and then. I’m looking into getting back into raising them and was wonder what yalls favorite recipes were.

I’ll start off with my favorite.

Put a couple rabbits in a Pyrex Dish. Add about a cup of chicken broth. Slice an onion or 2 and layer on top of meat. Add some baby carrots and mushrooms if you like em. Top with a couple jars/cans of diced tomatoes with juice. Season to your liking. Cook on 375 for 45- to an hour....rice or mashed potatoes go along perfect.

I also use this same recipe with pork chops, squirrel or chicken breast.....really whatever’s in the freezer.

specialk

cook rabbit off the bone and use it to make your favorite ''chicken" salad recipe...

RABBIT Tetrazinni

8 Oz. uncooked spaghetti broken into 2" pieces
4 Cups Shredded cooked Squirrel meat(you can substitute wild turkey, rabbit, etc.)
1 med onion
1 Bell pepper
1 small package fresh mushroom or 1 small can
4 TBS butter / margarine
1 can Cream of mushroom soup
1 can Progresso Cheese soup
2 soup cans of milk
1 cup shredded cheese (med cheddar or colby jack, etc)
Black Pepper
1 TSP Adobo seasoning (Or subsititute 1/2tsp garlic powder / 1/2 tsp salt)

Cook pasta for 2 minutes, cover remove from heat and let it sit for 8 minutes. Then drain.

Saute onion, pepper and mushroom in butter until tender.
Mix soups, milk, Adobo, meat, black pepper, and cheese in bowl. Add sauteed onion, bell pepper and drained noodles. Pour into 9" x 13" baking dish and cook at 350 degrees for 45-60 mins until bubbly. Optional: Cover with more shredded cheese for last 10-15mins of cook time

XXXXXXXXXX

SHREDDED RABBIT CASSEROLE

3 RABBITS, simmered in lightly salted water, remove bones and shred
36 Ritz crackers, crushed with butter
2 (10 1/4 oz.) cans cream of mushroom soup
16 oz. sour cream

Mix soup and sour cream with chicken. Top with crushed crackers.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until crackers brown.
If desired, mushrooms may be added to dish. Serves 6.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I am all about fried rabbit. Also, don't toss the livers. Fried livers from pen raised rabbits was a treat around our house growing up. Only livers I eat are rabbit and deer. Rest of them are catfish bait.

specialk

same here PM, I crockpot mine for 4-5 hours and roll in flour then fry. take the broth from the crock and drippings from the frying pan and make gravy........I hate all liver but had an old man in my deer club years ago that loved rabbit liver....I would save 2 quart bags full each year and give it to him.....you'd of thought he hit the lottery when I gave them to him.....