Did You Ever Get One Of Those Protein Joneses

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
that got out of control?

Yeah, so I had a hankering for ribs so I headed to Costco and scored. I'm not much for store bought rubs but we went to a "Do" last Saturday and this Texas fella did Q and used this rub and it was pretty doggone good so Imma give it a try.

Attachments

• Ribs1.jpg
    Ribs1.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 319
  • Honey Hog.jpg
    Honey Hog.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 319

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
But while I was at Costco I got to cruising the meat counters and the next thing you know packages of protein were literally jumping into my basket. That's when things got out of hand.

I wound up with a even dozen filet mignons, 16 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and a hunk of frozen Gulf shrimp and Atlantic scallops.

Mrs. elfiii didn't have much to say when I got home. I made sure she knew the meat and chicken was all free range organic stuff and such and the seafood was wild caught and every last ounce of it was 100% All American. Otherwise I might have got skint up a little bit.

Now we got to get busy eatin' it.

Attachments

• Freezer.jpg
    Freezer.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 315
  • Skrimps.jpg
    Skrimps.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 318
  • Chackin.jpg
    Chackin.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 317
  • Filets.jpg
    Filets.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 319

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Meanwhile, back at the ranch I got some roasinears buttered up and sprinkled with some Zatarains Cajun seasoning.

The ribs are in the Stumps in their foil pajamas and fixing to undress for the final hour.

Attachments

• Corn.jpg
    Corn.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 316

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I had some Myron Mixon blackberry BBQ sauce leftover from my cupcake chicken cook so I'm gonna try it as a glaze on half the ribs. I'm livin' dangerous but grandmama always said don't be a gastronomical coward. I'm way outside my comfort zone on this one.

Attachments

• Glaze.jpg
    Glaze.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 304

naildrvr

Theys gone be some good eatin' goin' on at yo place. Can't wait to see some more pics. Them ribs looks outstanding!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That looks about five different kinds of good. And I want to raid your freezer. :)

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
We had to force it down. The dog took one look and went to lick his bowl out instead.

Attachments

• Done.jpg
    Done.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 219

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I know what a protein jones is all about...

My last one looked like this:

Attachments

• Freezer.JPG
    Freezer.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 192

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Fantastic elfiii!!!!!!!! Great looking grub!!!!!

Love those freezer pics Y'all!!!!! With two families in one house, ours don't look near that organized.:p