gps chips

dawgwatch

Has anyone ever purchased a GPS chip from bestgpsspots.com or gafishingspots.com? If so how accurate are they? How many spots near St. Simons/Jekyll Island are on them? Just trying to see if it is worth the money? Thanks

Been waiting to hear response on this also. I was looking at map and noticed 1 spot i know for a fact is a good redfish hole on there. I'm still trying to learn myself, would be extremely useful information if its accurate.

dawgwatch

I think I am going to get one in the next month or so... I don't get fish nearly as often as I would like to because of my work schedule....I like to carry my wife and kids when the want to go and get them the best chance to catch fish...The near shore spots is what I would like to learn for them...

Steve762us

Has anyone ever purchased a GPS chip from bestgpsspots.com or gafishingspots.com? If so how accurate are they? How many spots near St. Simons/Jekyll Island are on them? Just trying to see if it is worth the money? Thanks

They're probably very accurate at putting $$ in the
vendor's pocket. :fine:

Mweathers

You will find that the spots are ok, but what you need to know...bait, tide, time of year and presentation are sorely missing. If you are serious about learning to fish here, get a guide and learn something from them. I see people fishing good spots with wrong technique all the time.

Scallen2112

You will find that the spots are ok, but what you need to know...bait, tide, time of year and presentation are sorely missing. If you are serious about learning to fish here, get a guide and learn something from them. I see people fishing good spots with wrong technique all the time.

^^^This^^^

I have several good spots I have found myself. Some of them may even be on those chips. But a spot that is fire in the fall may not be all that good in the spring. My Pop taught me a long time ago that it is much better to fish patterns than spots. You have to learn what the fish are doing and what they are looking for, then you can figure spots out pretty easily with a little reconnaissance at low tide.