Who mounts squirrels? I got a pretty fox squirrel 1/9/2010 UPDATED WITH MOUNT PIC!

Huntfish53

I watched them all deer season. Decided to go check trail cam and sit down with my .22 for a few minutes. I shot him 30 minutes later. 30 yard shot

Any suggestions on a taxidermist and how much do they charge?

Attachments

• 019 (750 x 563).jpg
    019 (750 x 563).jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 6,495
Last edited:

georgiaboy027

Cool thats a good lookin squirrel.Sorry dont know about getting one mounted I have never shot one like that but I would deffinatly mount it.

Gumbo1

Call Crane's, they will do a good job for ya. 770-974-4659.
PM me if you want to tell me where you shot the Fox Squirrel. I have been after one for some time and can never locate one in season!!!

howl

Banned
Not sure about your area...but the processor closes to us wanted $150 for the one my husband shot. He ended up just keeping the tail...

(Didn't realize he logged my account out and signed in under his. Oops)

Last edited:

Huntfish53

I killed it on private land in Adairsville... It's a small track of land but I saw 5 different fox squirrels one morning while deer hunting.... Thats why I figured it wouldn't hurt to take one out of the herd.... He was a big male...

Jeff Raines

Crane did this one for me last year $180

Attachments

• squirrel.jpg
    squirrel.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 7,817

deadend

Crane's in Acworth does a GREAT job on fox squirrels. I've seen several they have done and all look good. I've been looking for one for several years to take to them.

TurkeyManiac

Maybe I should guide for Fox squirrels. I have about 5 black ones running around a small pecan orchard of mine.
I haven't shot one since I was a kid. They are too cool in my book.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
The thread has been cleaned up. It best stay that way.

Huntfish53

The thread has been cleaned up. It best stay that way.

Thank you Nicodemus. I did not mean for this to get out of hand nor did I ask anything related to what was being posted.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Thank you Nicodemus. I did not mean for this to get out of hand nor did I ask anything related to what was being posted.

No problem, Sir. And let me add my congratulations on your prize as well. It will look good, and I`d like for you to post a pic when you get it back. :cheers:

DCOMP54

A few around here

I see a few around here every 2 weeks or so. They don't come out often. They are protected here against state law to take them(Fl.) Some real pretty ones,grays / black ,, Black with white tips. I 've tried to get them on camera but they really dont like to hang around. Used to hunt in Jasper county near Murder creek, Lots of them there or used to be.
I took one way back in hte late 60's , made a good meal for the family, big red one, with white tips
never thought of having it mounted back then. Saw some up on east side of Johns Mountain, on a lease there. A solid black one with a lite white stripe down its back,,, and NO it wasnt a skunk! It was running aroound a big oak, chasing another one. was a pretty thing to watch them.

Nice one you got, will make a nice mount, Now you need an armadillo to set him on! :stir: