Hunting in Lawrenceville

I just recently moved from south ga where I had plenty of places to hunt and now I live in Lawrenceville. Is there anyone around here looking for someone to help out with work on the property or paying the lease. If this country boy is going to be able to survive up here I have to find somewhere to be able to go get away and get in the woods.

Last edited:

one hogman

Best bet is to try to join a club or you can hunt WMAs, In Gwinnett you can drive south / Southeast about an hour and half to hunt several WMAs , Redlands, Cedar Creek, Charles Elliot, or north about the same to Hunt several WMAs in the mountains, I like being in a club for more personal access, check GON mag next issue for clubs needing members.Good luck!!

01Foreman400

Staff member
Gonna be hard to find a lease in Gwinnett. You are in a different world up here.

I sure am in a different world. Ive lived on a dirt road in the country for the last 7 years before my move and have never been near the city. Gonna be a hard transition

Red jeep

I'm looking to hunt in lawrenceville also but there's nothing. Check out the wmas. Maybe we can hunt em together one day.

Snackdaddy66

I work in Lawrenceville, but live in Suwanee. I joined a club in Wilkes County, which is about 1hr and 40 minutes away. We have some openings and I know there are some openings at clubs in Ogelthorpe(sp?) which is closer.

georgia_home

Same here when I moved to ga. Cept i was in cumming. Long ride, morning was ok. Ride homes worse. And football Saturday in Athens sucks. Especially when the puppys don't win. (Mostly joking, mostly)

Finding a good group is the hard part.

I work in Lawrenceville, but live in Suwanee. I joined a club in Wilkes County, which is about 1hr and 40 minutes away. We have some openings and I know there are some openings at clubs in Ogelthorpe(sp?) which is closer.

Snackdaddy66

Do a search on website for county and members needed. I like the group I am with in Wilkes. I put a camper on it and avoid the Saturday traffic, but Friday afternoons stink.