coon hunting on deer lease

simpleman30

i've heard of the study by USC mentioned above. another example of how dogs do not "scare off" deer from a property can be found in an issue of GON from about 4 or 5 years ago. i have a copy of it lying around somewhere. there was an article that i believe was entitled "Marion County Monster." this was a 177 B&C buck killed running dogs in Marion County. if i remember correctly, the same deer that was killed ahead of the dogs was seen multiple times that season, and was even shot at and missed that very same week it was killed. my 500 acre still-hunting lease is surrounded by dog-clubs that run deer into, out of, and across our property... and i love it! 2 years ago, a buddy of mine killed 7 deer thanks to the neighboring clubs. most people don't realize it or don't think about it, but even if you hunt a large piece of property, those deer don't live solely inside the property lines of your tract of land!

GA DAWG

Deer hunters during the day put far more pressure on deer than night hunters do..They see us at night and say hmm..They see us during the day and say good gosh..I better start moving at night lol....

dognducks

Banned
Thats Not Right If Anything It Might Make Them Move Alot More And Give You A Better Chance Of Getting That Mature Deer. A Mature Deer Is Alot Like A Big Tom He Ain't Gonna Leave His Does It Doesn't Matter If They Get Split Up He's Gonna Come Back Just To Get His Heard Bred. I'll Give You Your Opinion And I'll Keep Mine But A Mature Deer Isn't Gonna Pack Up And Move It Doesn't Work That Way Even If You Pushed Him Out Of His Territory He's Gonna Come Back Because He's Already Claimed That Area. And Plus You Know As Well As I Do That Most Mature Bucks Move Only At Night So There For When You're In There At Night You Can Push Him Into Feeding And Chasing During The Day Because Deer Hunting During The Day Is Why The Move More At Night. Guys Its Been Fun But I Think Its Point Less To Tell Somebody Something That They Have A Thought Of It Messing They're Hunting Up Cause I Know If You Think You Want See Anything And Don't Have Faith In Where Your Hunting Then You Probaly Want Be Successful. The Only Way They'll Ever Know Would Be If They Seen It With Their Own Eyes And The Way They Have Already Made Their Mind Up We'll Never Change It. But I'm Gonna Post The Deer And Turkey's I Kill Off Of A Farm That I Coon Hunt Year Round I'll Try And Do It Tonight Or In The Morning. Good Luck Strut And Just Think About It When You Check Your Trail Cams And See Your Big Bucks Coming Through At Night.

OH YEAH GA DAWG WE REALLY SHOULD GO HUNTING SOMETIME THOSE ARE SOME REALLY NICE BUCKS.

Well let me ask you this question..
How many times have you had a buck on camera and spooked it in the woods one day and you never seen it agian. I know i have.

GA DAWG

Well let me ask you this question..
How many times have you had a buck on camera and spooked it in the woods one day and you never seen it agian. I know i have.
The key word here is DAY!!See my previous post on that... Did you miss those pics or something? You think I'm fibbing? I killed those on just 300ac that was coon hunted ALOT..It aint now cause all these dang out of towners has moved in around us.I still hunt a puppy here 2 to 4 nights a week! You have your mind made up just like most others but thats fine..I'll keep coon hunting and killing good deer off mine!

Bodab1974

Strutrut247 You Have To Kill The Does And Can Take Some Young Bucks Out Will Improve Your Hunting For Your Bigger Bucks. More Food, More Movement Looking For A Doe And Less Chances Of Your Does Getting Breed By Some Bad Genes. So Just Keep Looking For That Big One And Watch All Those Young Ones And Maybe One Day Of The Season You'll Get Lucky So You Can Give Your Meat Away And Give You Something To Look At.

Bud I dont know where you hunt, or who you hunt around to give you the impression that we deer hunters do not keep out meat, but horns make a REALLY thin soup base. I keep every deer I kill and it goes to the freezer.

BTW... how do you eat your coon when you kill it?:huh:

Before you make yourself look anymore like a complete and utter idiot, might want to think about all of the people reading your post and not just the few who you are actually referring to hoss.

GA DAWG

Most deer hunters I know are in it for the horns!! Myself included..Most of the state of GA is like that..If it was not.We would have never went to where one has to have 4 on one side..

1222DANO

Bud I dont know where you hunt, or who you hunt around to give you the impression that we deer hunters do not keep out meat, but horns make a REALLY thin soup base. I keep every deer I kill and it goes to the freezer.

BTW... how do you eat your coon when you kill it?:huh:

Before you make yourself look anymore like a complete and utter idiot, might want to think about all of the people reading your post and not just the few who you are actually referring to hoss.

BEFORE YOU COME ON HERE LIKE YOU JUST FIGURED OUT HOW THE WHOLE INTERNET THING WORKS MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEARN HOW TO READ THE WHOLE PAGE BEFORE YOU START TYPING ON SOMETHING YOU HAVEN'T READ. I DON'T KILL COONS UNLESS THERE GONNA BE EATEN BY MY DOGS AND THATS ONLY ABOUT 2 OR 3 A YEAR. WHAT I'M SAYING IS THEIRS DEER HUNTERS WHO THINK EVERY OTHER KIND OF HUNTING ISN'T AS IMPORTANT AS DEER HUNTING THEIR CAUGHT UP IN WHY ITS SOMEONE ELSES FAULT THEY DIDN'T SEE THAT BIG BUCK. BUT I JUST GONNA LEAVE YOU WITH YOUR OPINION OF ME AND I'LL KEEP MINE OF YOU.

ga logger

::rofl:QUOTE=1222DANO;2684601]BEFORE YOU COME ON HERE LIKE YOU JUST FIGURED OUT HOW THE WHOLE INTERNET THING WORKS MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEARN HOW TO READ THE WHOLE PAGE BEFORE YOU START TYPING ON SOMETHING YOU HAVEN'T READ. I DON'T KILL COONS UNLESS THERE GONNA BE EATEN BY MY DOGS AND THATS ONLY ABOUT 2 OR 3 A YEAR. WHAT I'M SAYING IS THEIRS DEER HUNTERS WHO THINK EVERY OTHER KIND OF HUNTING ISN'T AS IMPORTANT AS DEER HUNTING THEIR CAUGHT UP IN WHY ITS SOMEONE ELSES FAULT THEY DIDN'T SEE THAT BIG BUCK. BUT I JUST GONNA LEAVE YOU WITH YOUR OPINION OF ME AND I'LL KEEP MINE OF YOU.[/QUOTE]:rofl::rofl::rofl:

dognducks

Banned
BEFORE YOU COME ON HERE LIKE YOU JUST FIGURED OUT HOW THE WHOLE INTERNET THING WORKS MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEARN HOW TO READ THE WHOLE PAGE BEFORE YOU START TYPING ON SOMETHING YOU HAVEN'T READ. I DON'T KILL COONS UNLESS THERE GONNA BE EATEN BY MY DOGS AND THATS ONLY ABOUT 2 OR 3 A YEAR. WHAT I'M SAYING IS THEIRS DEER HUNTERS WHO THINK EVERY OTHER KIND OF HUNTING ISN'T AS IMPORTANT AS DEER HUNTING THEIR CAUGHT UP IN WHY ITS SOMEONE ELSES FAULT THEY DIDN'T SEE THAT BIG BUCK. BUT I JUST GONNA LEAVE YOU WITH YOUR OPINION OF ME AND I'LL KEEP MINE OF YOU.

I'm a deer hunter and i think duck hunting is WAY more importand then deer. :banana:

1222DANO

I Guess You Know As Well As All Of Us Its About To The Point Of Not Being Enough Land For All Us And I Guessing Thats Why This Topic Even Got Brought Up. Everyone Is Just Gonna Have A Problem With Someone Because Were All Getting Pushed Into The Same Areas To Hunt And You Know Theres Not Alot Of Duck Hunting Land To Be Hunted Which Means The Land You Have Is Usually Shared.

U Right Hotrod I Didn't Have To Say Nothing More.

jackmelson

thats right chase coon hunted bout allnight then get up go in the woods and kill a deer in the morning but people dont understand that its allbout killing mr, big buck i wish we had a break in the season like the good ole days or open the season all year round maybe we have a chance to hunt in the winter with out getting shot at or our hounds nuff said

Rich Kaminski

I don't mind people hunting with dogs...
But if their dogs cross onto another hunting clubs property, then I do not want that group hunting with those dogs to tresspass onto the other clubs property. Deer and hog hunting clubs are not free roaming hunting areas open to the public, and lease and ownership rights need to be respected.
An safe and ethical hunter is a good hunter.

Latest posts