Lost Snow Geese

10gaMafia

Last night at rugby practice I thought I heard snowngeese at a park in alpharetta. Guys on team said I was nuts(jury still out). 40 minutes later we are all walking off field and I hear them loud and clear. 4 doz buzz the field right above lights. Very cool sight to have the lights lighting them up versus pitch black sky. Headed West

andyparm

Saw a big flock here last week.

In Darien? Seen a few down that way over the years. Few years back had a swan fly right outside the decoys nea Rhetts. Looked and sounded like a 747 coming down the river...

Saw one killed on a farm pond in Effingham a couple of years ago.

QuailJunkie

Thought I was crazy as well yesterday when I saw them. Huge group of about 200 flying right over me in Carrollton. Suspected them to be sandhills at first till I heard them barking. Flew right over me. Quite a few blues mixed in as well. Amazing sight for west ga. Headed due west.

hrstille

I hate a snow goose. Get tired of hearing them. Saw at least 500K this morning.

mattuga

Banned
I had 2 flocks at separate times over my house last night in Cobb County. I have video if anyone can post it. I saw 2 off Rhett's the one miserable time I did that trip. We had more ducks than any boat by 10am, still not worth it.

mattuga

Banned
I bet within the next 5 years we will have enough around to actually target them.

They would need a steady food source. What do you think that could be in GA? I've just not seen them do much other than loaf or roost in lake areas. Almost completely field feeders. Would they just feed like the local Canada's? They are aggressive as it gets feeding so if there is food they can get to it

Gaducker

Thought I was crazy as well yesterday when I saw them. Huge group of about 200 flying right over me in Carrollton. Suspected them to be sandhills at first till I heard them barking. Flew right over me. Quite a few blues mixed in as well. Amazing sight for west ga. Headed due west.

I saw them at around 4 15 -430 in welcome near the river and they were in fact flying to Carrolton

Duckbuster82

They would need a steady food source. What do you think that could be in GA? I've just not seen them do much other than loaf or roost in lake areas. Almost completely field feeders. Would they just feed like the local Canada's? They are aggressive as it gets feeding so if there is food they can get to it

There are plenty of corn fields, soy bean, peanut and other crop fields to hold them.I have seen them in lakes feeding on aquatic grass or in corn ponds. I am not sure they will have the same appetite as up north since they would not need to be carb loading. I know of a corn pond now holding a couple hundred. I am not saying you will see a 10,000 bird feed but maybe a few hundred. Just think there will be enough around that if you were determined enough you could make it happen.

There are plenty of corn fields, soy bean, peanut and other crop fields to hold them.I have seen them in lakes feeding on aquatic grass or in corn ponds. I am not sure they will have the same appetite as up north since they would not need to be carb loading. I know of a corn pond now holding a couple hundred. I am not saying you will see a 10,000 bird feed but maybe a few hundred. Just think there will be enough around that if you were determined enough you could make it happen.
I sure hope you are right. I would love for them to come this way.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I've seen more snows, Ross and specks flying over here in WV this year than ever before...