Big NT buck

BowanaLee

I had plenty of pics from this guy. Watched him grow all summer. I shot a doe in late Sept. My son and I smelled something dead but couldn't find it. I told him EHD probably got that big NT buck. I just had that feeling. Today I build a blind there and had some free time so I looked again, this time in daylight. We were 10-20 ft from it that night and didn't see it. The kudzu was real high then. Its dead now so I easily found it. Sure hate to see one go this way. Makes the 2nd big one I've found this year. Hes a beast though. Guess I have 4 big racks to boil out this year. :huh:

Attachments

• 002.jpg resized.jpg
    002.jpg resized.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 1,293
  • 003.jpg resized.jpg
    003.jpg resized.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 1,287
  • 008.jpg resized.jpg
    008.jpg resized.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 1,285
  • 009.jpg resized.jpg
    009.jpg resized.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 1,291
  • 010.jpg resized.jpg
    010.jpg resized.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 1,287
  • 017.jpg resized.jpg
    017.jpg resized.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 1,286
  • 011.jpg resized.jpg
    011.jpg resized.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 1,284

BowanaLee

Heres his velvet pics.

Attachments

• 768.jpg resized.jpg
    768.jpg resized.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 1,278

Jim Boyd

Dang it!

What a shame, sorry to see this.

EHD - deer are usually found near water.

We are hoping this odd looking fellow makes through the shotguns and ML’s up in Illinois.

Best of luck.

Attachments

• 7211D2B4-C60C-4B95-85AF-C9D2CBEB331E.jpg
    7211D2B4-C60C-4B95-85AF-C9D2CBEB331E.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 1,272

DoubleRR

Darnnnnn that is a shame to lose one like that...Urban bucks don't always have it easy...That is for sure!

BowanaLee

How do you know how it died? Is that an issue where you hunt? Scary..........

The 1st one I found was laying in a creek with no visible injuries. This one died about the same time of year. A creek was very close by. Thats about the time of year EHD kills them. Just an educated guess ?

Attachments

• 003.jpg resized.jpg
    003.jpg resized.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 1,263

Triggerfinger_4

Dang! Hate to see them go like that. Have you heard anything about similar cases in your area?? At least you found the head and he will be remembered

Long Cut

What a shame.. if that's in GA you should collect a tissue sample next time and have it sent off to a state biologist to confirm

rutnbuk

Dang Lee- what a shame. My money is you are correct on EHD. That first buck was textbook signs and research shows if it gets one there are usually more in the area. I think this, and blue tongue are more common in GA than we realize. Weird how it usually gets the big boys. Even more reason to hate "no-see ums". Thanks for sharing.

Tadder

That stinks, hate that happen too you, been there. JUST STINKS too watch grow and that happen too them.