Giant chicken egg(updated)

Luke0927

I've got buff hens plus others...I had a nice buff rooster a couple years ago...he ended up getting killed but was a very good rooster kept his flock up people friendly.

BRIAN1

Thanks for the info! Does anyone know where I could get a buff rock hen? I see orpingtons for sale a lot of places, but never rocks.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Are the hens still screaming, Clarrrrrice? :bounce:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Our hens aren't screaming nothing. They went through a molt and haven't started laying again. 1-2 eggs every couple days from 7 hens. I did relocate a rat snake a couple months ago and saw one in the coup last week and didn't mess with him. May be where a few eggs are going

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
She's been at it again. We've been getting 2-3 dbl yolks a week. Even one that had 3 small yolks but they haven't been this big. It's as big as a turkey egg

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Makes my rear end hurt just thinkin about it.
We had one that would occasionally lay doubles, but one time she layed one that was an egg inside an egg.
Got no idea how in the world that happened.

We got one a few weeks ago that had part of another shell around it. Not sure how that happens

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
It was a triple yolk. A whole breakfast in one shell

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
My cousin raises hens that lay huge eggs that are sold to bakeries......he loses a lot of them that die trying to lay one too big.....