Battery operated equipment

Bones

I have read a couple of threads about battery operated equipment such as chainsaws, leave blowers, skill saws. I was thinking of switching some of my small equipment to battery operated. I have little knowledge but need some opinions on which manufacturer to buy the equipment from and what size battery to get. I want it so the battery can be used and exchanged with anything battery operated I buy. What are your thoughts on battery operated equipment as opposed to gas operated equipment?

Bones

GoldDot40

I have read a couple of threads about battery operated equipment such as chainsaws, leave blowers, skill saws. I was thinking of switching some of my small equipment to battery operated. I have little knowledge but need some opinions on which manufacturer to buy the equipment from and what size battery to get. I want it so the battery can be used and exchanged with anything battery operated I buy. What are your thoughts on battery operated equipment as opposed to gas operated equipment?

Bones
Depending on how soon you want to start getting this stuff...consider some of the promotion sales at Lowes or Home Depot. Memorial Day sales are just around the corner. You can get a set....skill saw, leaf blower, etc all in the same box that uses the same battery. Just have hear some real life experiences with brands.

I've heard Ryobi, Dewalt, Makita, Milwaukee and even Kobalt all make decent power tools. Also consider what you're willing to spend.

NOYDB

BANNED
Get any spare batteries at the time you get equipment. They will make batteries for the foreseeable future but cases that fit your models may get scarce.

Electric tools do great for quick, small jobs. For volume and quantity, go Gas.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Ryobi has a great line of power tools that all run off the same rechargeable batteries. I can use my screw gun battery in my leaf blower and my sawzall. Each one comes with a battery, so I've got three that I rotate. Also have a lantern and a shoplight.

srb

I have Stihl hand held Equipment,The blower and hedge trimmer are great...
Battery charges in about 15 Min Full

Latest posts