Frosty Morning Cohutta WMA Gobbler

At least you got him in short order on that cold day. Your prior dealings with this bird shows that you earned him. Few times you stumble into a bird in the mountains most times they are earned. I'm sure that is a bird you will long remember. Thanks for sharing.

cumberland

Congrats on a unique Cohutta bird. I hiked in and camped on the Conasauga River in the early 90s for a week, and trout fished and turkey hunted. I chased a bird all week in a big cove that gave me fits hunting him. He had the biggest, longest thickest beard i have seen to this day. One evening he sneaked up behind me at 10 yards going to roost and putted and sneaked off. The guy that camped with me has passed away now, and that is a hunt i will always treasure more than any hunt that i harvested a turkey. Back in the late 80s i can remember driving through Cohutta and seeing so many flocks of turkeys in the road that you would lose count. Man, those were some good times before all the modern gadget turkey hunting took over.

whitetailfreak

Congrats on a unique Cohutta bird. I hiked in and camped on the Conasauga River in the early 90s for a week, and trout fished and turkey hunted. I chased a bird all week in a big cove that gave me fits hunting him. He had the biggest, longest thickest beard i have seen to this day. One evening he sneaked up behind me at 10 yards going to roost and putted and sneaked off. The guy that camped with me has passed away now, and that is a hunt i will always treasure more than any hunt that i harvested a turkey. Back in the late 80s i can remember driving through Cohutta and seeing so many flocks of turkeys in the road that you would lose count. Man, those were some good times before all the modern gadget turkey hunting took over.

Good story, thanks for sharing that.