Anyone planted tomatoes this early before

davidhelmly

Did they survive those cold nights?

Yes they are great, I covered them with 5 gallon buckets on all of the cold nights except for a couple of nights ago, I had a frost on my car when I left for work but I can’t see that it affected them. I actually planted a few more last weekend.

uturn

We've had our Maters in the ground down here for a bit...I guess there are a couple of advantages to livin down yonder!

Good luck...we love our homegrown too!!

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
What do you use to cover them doom?

I put 8 in the ground today and will plant some more in another month or so and see what happens...

Untitled<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Once it starts warming up add a layer of straw over the LS fabric. It will help retain moisture and keep the ground temp cooler to produce longer before the summer slowdown.
Also add epson salt for blossom end rot.

davidhelmly

I'm starting to get blooms on all but 2 of my original plantings! :bounce::bounce:

Untitled<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

280bst

Got maters peppers squash cucumbers cantaloupes all in hot house going, not going to put them out in ground till next week. We had a hard frost Tuesday or Wednesday then next day hit 82 then dropped back down. Got corn about 1.5" high. Warms up a little bit planting okra. I don't plant my peas till July 4th no worms.

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
Plowed my corn the first time yesterday !! Blooms on my tomatoes and everything else is slowly coming along. Once the cool snaps stop it game on in my neck of the woods.

Red dirt clod

Planted hay bale tomatoes today, 10 of them, some already had small tomatoes on them.

Attachments

• 05353A50-A964-4272-888F-BC00FEBC7DFE.jpg
    05353A50-A964-4272-888F-BC00FEBC7DFE.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 71