Telecheck Results 2018 **Updated 5/17

Gut_Pile

Is this on pace with last year? Thanks

This is after 35 days from last year. We are behind last years numbers

Day 35 update:

10,313 checked in (294 per day). On pace for 15,911 if daily average holds.

The daily average for the last 12 days is 146. So if we were to keep pace from the past 12 days throughout the rest of the season, the estimated total harvest for the state will be 13,013.

I'm now starting to believe the total number will mirror last years total in the 11,000 range.

brittonl

Thanks for the updates GP and for your efforts in helping keep everyone informed. Hopefully more folks will continue to see the value and importance of reporting, not to mention the legal aspect of it.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Thanks for the updates GP and for your efforts in helping keep everyone informed. Hopefully more folks will continue to see the value and importance of reporting, not to mention the legal aspect of it.

Everyone I share hunt stories with is reporting their kills.
If I see or hear anyone not reporting I will influence them that's it's the best thing to do. We should all encourage everybody to check in their birds. It's only for our benefit.

Gut_Pile

KY has been in season for 16 days (including the youth weekend) and they have checked in 19,758 turkeys in that 16 days period. That's 1,235 turkey per day and their opening two weekends included snow and heavy rain.

sea trout

KY has been in season for 16 days (including the youth weekend) and they have checked in 19,758 turkeys in that 16 days period. That's 1,235 turkey per day and their opening two weekends included snow and heavy rain.

Wow!!!!!!! That's a lot of buffalo strips!!!!!!:cheers:

fountain

From a few snaps I see, they have a load more turkeys than us and a lot more open ground with very narrow wood strips. I'd love to get out there and give it a go some day.
From the outside looking in, looks like you can simply watch the field and watch them fly up and be there at daylight. It looks like that strategy works fairly well ...

Gut_Pile

Monday 4/30 update

41 days into a 56 day season there have been 10,426 turkeys checked in which is 254 per day average.

There have been 988 turkeys checked in within the last 7 days which is 141 turkeys per day average.

On pace for 14,224 for the year

Gut_Pile

Normally, I would say we should start seeing a major decline in harvest over the next two weeks. The past week we actually had a small uptick in harvest reports.

With the late spring this year, May should be the best part of the season. I imagine we'll end up around 12,500-13,000 reported.

Gut_Pile

Monday 5/7 update

48 days into a 56 day season there have been 11,124 turkeys checked in which is 231 per day average.

There have been 698 turkeys checked in within the last 7 days which is 99 turkeys per day average.

On pace for 12,978 for the year

I doubt we make it to 12,000 for the third year in a row

Gut_Pile

If you take the daily average for the full season we are on pace for 12,978

If you take the cdaily average of 96 birds from the past week and add it to what has already been checked in, we won't get to 12,000 total.

In 2016 there were 11,350 turkeys checked, in 2017 there were 11,750 checked. This year should be somewhere near the same.

Andys

I think I follow you now, you are talking about "telecheck" results only, not total number of birds checked in (all other methods), right?

I am trying to better understand what the GA spring kill (based on all checked in birds) was in 2015, 2016, 2017, and what it is projected to be in 2018, thus why I ask these questions.

I've read several reports that showed 25k killed last spring in GA.

Andys

Got it, thanks!

Gut_Pile

Final tally at 11:38 EST on 5/17 is 11,901 checked in.

The highest number in telecheck's short history, but we still haven't cracked the 12,000 mark.

It will be interesting to see what the "estimated harvest results" look like.

Gut_Pile

We'll see

There was a 9,000 bird increase from 2016 to 2017 on the estimated harvest, yet only a 500 bird increase on the telecheck from '16 to '17

Kinda odd

sea trout

Ok so am I right in assuming telacheck is the new "call the number on your licence and check your turkey and deer in"?

brittonl

Personally I just can’t see folks not reporting that many turkeys. I’d bet 80% get reported putting us around a 15,000 harvest total. Regardless, thanks for the updates GP!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Personally I just can’t see folks not reporting that many turkeys. I’d bet 80% get reported putting us around a 15,000 harvest total. Regardless, thanks for the updates GP!

You’d be surprised , I’d say maybe half get reported !