Turkey and Deer Mounting Plaques

rutandstrut

My Hunting Partner asked me if I would post these. He is looking for some constructive criticism...positive or negative will be appreciated! He has been working on a couple of different Plaque Designs and this is what he came up with. Two for Turkey Fans and one for Deer Skull or Rack Mounts. \

These Plaques were made out of Pecky Cypress. Let me know what you think so that I can pass any feedback back to him! These Plaques are not being offered for sale...if and when he decides to offer them for sale they will be posted in the Swap and Sell Section. Thanks for looking!

Turkey Fan Mount Plaques

DSC02934.jpg

Skull and/or Rack Mounting Plaque

DSC02935.jpg

Plaque with Skull Mount

DSC02936.jpg

Skull and/or Rack Mounting Plaque

DSC02937.jpg

Plaque with Skull Mount

DSC02938.jpg

Last edited:

Old Winchesters

I think the skull mount plaques look good and the wood looks great I would def use one, but also think just covering it with deer hide then mounting the skull on top of the hide would be neat too, of course you would not need the samecaliber of wood that way. The fan plaques just don't do it for me, maybe a desgn that allows for adding beards to hang below the fan would be nice. JMHO

Dudley Do-Wrong

I think the skull mount plaques look good and the wood looks great I would def use one, but also think just covering it with deer hide then mounting the skull on top of the hide would be neat too, of course you would not need the samecaliber of wood that way. The fan plaques just don't do it for me, maybe a desgn that allows for adding beards to hang below the fan would be nice. JMHO
I agree, and I like the idea of covering the plaque with deer hide. Never thought of that but I'm sure it's been done before.

killNgrill

I like! But im a sucker for anything with irregular grains and natural blemishes. Im thinking maybe some routed edges on the fan plaques like those on the euro mount plaques might look good? Thanks for sharing i'd like to see more and would consider purchasing some if they are up for sale.

six

The skull mounts don't look bad at all. The fan mounts are just to plain. They need truer cuts and something to spice them up a bit. Maybe a small shelf to hold a box call, a hole drilled though the bottom portion to except a shell and beard so the beard would stick out instead of the usual just hanging down look, a hole drilled on the bottom portion to tap the used shell in, anything to set it apart.

rutandstrut

Thanks for all the great comments and suggestions on these Plagues! I suggested that he change the Turkey Plagues and make them two piece and fancier! I also made the suggestion to make some Beard Plagues!

TheTurkeySlayer

Skull mounts look awesome! The turkey fan plaques are a little uneven. I think it would be better if the section that jutted out of the bottom was a little longer that started out kinda wide and got down to a little thinner.