CVA Wolf?

Possum

Banned
Yes I always used grease on breech plug. Problem was metal swelling and some warping. And a poor design made removal difficult. Sighted in my new wolf yesterday and love it!

fountain

Where is a good place to order a wolf from? My dad thinks he may want a muzzlelaoder and this sounds like a nice cost efficient deal. I have an accura v2 and I like it so far. The wolf sounds good from what I've read

WNewman

Just found some users in online reviews say they have difficulty removing the spent primer after firing. Any users here have this problem?

Never had a problem with that. I could see it happening if the user never cleans out the primer hole in the breech plug and there is build up of the blow by or if they left the primer in for several days before cleaning.

As well, I wonder if they might have over shimmed the firing pin bushing trying to completely stop the blow by and are crushing the primer too deep in the breech plug.

I over shimmed mine at one point and it resulted in the gun not allowing me to cock it completely (luckily I tried it before the deer showed up).

I've also heard over shimming can result in the gun going off if the breech is slammed shut trying to close it and it crushes the primer but never had that happen myself. I always gently close mine.

I love my Wolf. I've killed one deer with it, my very first, hope to add one (or two) to the total this year.

the Lackster

Cva wolf with 209 breech plug. 300grain hornady sst, 95 gr black horn powder, cci primer. I know I'm not the best shot but I am very impressed with mine. This is a 100 yard group.

Attachments

• 20151231_175745.jpg
    20151231_175745.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 374

Headsortails

Where is a good place to order a wolf from? My dad thinks he may want a muzzlelaoder and this sounds like a nice cost efficient deal. I have an accura v2 and I like it so far. The wolf sounds good from what I've read

Walmart usually has them.

TriggerHappyJake

I got a blued, camo stock wolf and I have no complaints. A breeze to clean, accurate, handy, just an all around great gun.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
One of my buddies has one that he's killed a pile of deer with. Never heard him complain about it.

mmcneil

I bought a wolf magnum at a yard sale 5 years ago for $20. Best 20 I ever spent. I had to order a new 209 breech plug for it. Shoots like a champ.