scope and pellet question

BUCK 87JT

I have a CVA wolf and was wondering if anyone had some good recommendations on a good scope to match it?

also does anyone see a huge difference in using 3 pyrodex pellets compared to 2?

blocky

There is a big difference in the recoil!

Barebowyer

In my opinion, if you are hunting woods and all shots will be under 100 yards or so, two pellets are more than sufficient but you will see a difference if you are field hunting and shooting 200 yards with the same bullet. I have tested with 2 and 3 shooting 777 pellets and at beyond 100 yes you will see a difference. Depends on your setup. i hunted for years with a straight 100 grains of pyrodex and killed them then out to 185. Know your gun and where it shoots! Be safe and shoot straight!

deast1988

a few years back I switched to 100grs over 150 (3 pellet) charges so far every deer I've shot at has been found. I got nervous thinking black powder but watched a show where a guy used 90grs of black powder an anchored an Aoudad. Every shot I've hit a deer with a 100gr charge has been a pass through. I've had 2 fails using 150grs. A recovered TC 250gr shock wave and a completely fragmented 295gr power belt. I'm currently using 100grs of 777 an 250gr sst from Hornady deer I hit this eve was 90yds completely hammered

Chase4556

2 pellets... you don't need 3.

Also, I have a cheap($40) cabellas brand(pine mountain? Pine ridge?) scope on my wolf. 2-7x32 if I remember right. It did great for 3 years, and never lost its zero. Got tired of the poor low light performance, and I'm replacing it with a vortex diamondback 4-12x40 this year.