Tractor recommendations

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
You aren't that far away from me... about an hour. If you want to play on my tractor for a hour or two, come on up. At least you would have a good idea of what the Mahindra tractors are like and what they can do. PM me if you are interested

Hoyt804

Two years ago I bought a new Mahindra 2555. It is four wheel drive, has a frontend loader, and a rear remote. The tractor is a 55 hp and come with a 5 year warranty. I now have 245 hours on the tractor and absolutely love it. I saved a good bit of money on it because it wasn't green or orange.

Doolydawg03

My dad worked for John Deere for 15 yrs as a salesman and he always says how they have the most expensive parts and the hydraulic systems on them are the most complicated of them all, My family manages 7000 acres of orange groves in S FL we run all Massey Ferguson Tractors nothing brand new but 2008 down to early 60's model they have lots of weight for pulling the have very easy hydraulic systems and the parts are cheap and everywhere look into them you could find a nice 4x4 Massey in your price range and get alot of tractor

Gaswamp

tag

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Look on CL farm and garden with "cab" as your search word?

Rick Alexander

I've got an old 870 JD

and the clutch has been an issue every since we've had it. If it rains - the clutch is stuck to the flywheel unless you tied it down before it rained. Pain in the keester. It finally got so stuck I took it in to get the clutch replaced. They wanted $2300 - for the parts only - another 2K to replace it. This is at the JD place on Hwy 78 near Grayson. They were all about selling me a new tractor and trading in my old one - I told them if I ever buy another tractor it for sure won't be a JD if clutches are that expensive.

We've had a Kubota 3130 for about the same amount of time as the JD - never a minutes trouble and we don't have to baby it to keep it going. If you're wanting JD - just go buy a Mahindra - probably a better tractor anyway and they don't try to rip you off with parts.

Doolydawg03

and the clutch has been an issue every since we've had it. If it rains - the clutch is stuck to the flywheel unless you tied it down before it rained. Pain in the keester. It finally got so stuck i took it in to get the clutch replaced. They wanted $2300 - for the parts only - another 2k to replace it. This is at the jd place on hwy 78 near grayson. They were all about selling me a new tractor and trading in my old one - i told them if i ever buy another tractor it for sure won't be a jd if clutches are that expensive.

We've had a kubota 3130 for about the same amount of time as the jd - never a minutes trouble and we don't have to baby it to keep it going. If you're wanting jd - just go buy a mahindra - probably a better tractor anyway and they don't try to rip you off with parts.

amen!!!

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
trying to post a picture of my tractor, but the forum is still screwed up on uploading jpegs

southernman13

I agree w the Massey. Really tough tractors. I’ve got a 431 all my buddies that have operated it fell in love with it. I sold an old 165 Massey to another buddy and it runs and operates really well it’s and oldie. No telling how many hours on it. It’s been sitting for 10years out in the open with no cover whatsoever. They’re amazing tractors. I cleaned out the fuel tank changed filters and it’s good to go! I haven’t went back in the tread hope I’m not repeating myself hehe. Kubota is a very good Tractor as well I have one as well. I’ll quit I’m getting long winded. Good luck bud

95g atl

Mahindra 5570 seems like a beast of a tractor for 30k. DId that include a front end loader?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Great looking rig Pappy. Definitely going to look into this option.

that was a cash price. They have a 1.9 percent financing for 60 month, but that price is about 6800 more. They get the financing money in the price.

Mahindra builds that same size tractor as a 40hp, 55hp, and the turbo'd 70hp.

I really like mine so far.

SakoL61R

FWIW, my 2010 Mahindra 5035 (4wd, 50hp) has been awesome for plotting and grappling brush/trees. Right at 550 hrs. Keep it serviced and take care of it, will pass it to my son. Great price, warranty, and would buy again.
If you have a dealer close by, check them out. Bought mine in Clayton-great dealer.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
lets see if we can post pic now...

Attachments

• mahindra.jpg
    mahindra.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 289

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
hey.... lookie there... it werked

95g atl

that was a cash price. They have a 1.9 percent financing for 60 month, but that price is about 6800 more. They get the financing money in the price.

Mahindra builds that same size tractor as a 40hp, 55hp, and the turbo'd 70hp.

I really like mine so far.

Glenn, heck of a tractor for $30,000. I'd have to upgrade trailers for sure. My 5000 lb JD w/loader maxes it out.

I'd imagine a 1/2 ton truck isn't going to tow that setup....