The gator is back

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Finally made it to the back of the swamp to pull my cameras and the gator has set up house. He loves the little island to lay on and sun.

Attachments

• MFDC4263.JPG
    MFDC4263.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,881
  • PRMS1467.JPG
    PRMS1467.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 1,889
  • WGI_1017.JPG
    WGI_1017.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 1,877

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Fair size gator.

Nic, I think he's around 9 feet. I only saw him for a few seconds before he went under and i don't think he's the same one i saw last year. That one was solid 10+ and had no fear of me being within 20 yards.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nic, I think he's around 9 feet. I only saw him for a few seconds before he went under and i don't think he's the same one i saw last year. That one was solid 10+ and had no fear of me being within 20 yards.

Yea, one like that you need to be mindful of for sure.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Found the pic from last year i took with my phone. He was lying across road and when i came along, stood up and turned diagonally and laid back down. I eased back out once it was clear he wasn't gonna leave.

Attachments

• dannys gator.jpg
    dannys gator.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,828

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I remember the pic and you talking about him last year. Don`t take no sass off that reptile. :D

j_seph

Found the pic from last year i took with my phone. He was lying across road and when i came along, stood up and turned diagonally and laid back down. I eased back out once it was clear he wasn't gonna leave.
Seems better than walking up on a snake, that sucker is big enough even I could see him:biggrin2:

Dixiesimpleman32

GONetwork Member
cool pics. Cool critter