anybody else's cudde no flash act weird?

fountain

mine will lose connection at the slightest bump or wron turn. i have checked everything that holds tha batteries in place but it still does it. what can i do?

another thing--why will the event counter and image counter read two different things? i have both set on 1 minute. for example it may say 10 events and have 5 pics. what is causing this? this goes for my 05 model and my no flash as well.

one more thing--my no flash does not take good night pics. i have it set close, but it looks like the pics are very dark and i can't tell anything about them. i will post pics later this week. i am having problems getting good nightime pics with it.

bowwinkles

Fountain,---Welcome to the cudde owners group. This has been
an on going problem with the 06 cams. The battery holder leaves
a lot to be desired. Cudde addressed this problem on late 07
with a upgraded battery holder. The event vs picture count
is when the cam has taken a picture and is writing that data
to the card and it detects more movement then that movement
will be recorded as an event and not recorded to the card because
the cam was busy recording the last picture. The weak night
pictures could also be related to the battery holder causing a
drop in voltage. A call to non typical customer service is your
nest step. Good luck with that, they have proven to be not so
responsive to service.

DoeMaster

Re: Cuddeback Camera Problem

I sent mine back for repair and they sent me a new camera with a battery modification. You need to call first and they give you a number to use when you return the camera. Here is the phone numbers I used:

(715)-762-2260 or (715) 762-2039

The company that makes the Cuddeback camera is actually called "NonTypical". They were good to me and my new camera has worked GREAT!!

Good Luck!! :flag:

DoeMaster

Re: Cuddeback Camera

Yea.....mine was doing the same thing. They've redesigned the entire battery holding box and it now has a handscrew locking bracket that holds the batteries securely. Send it back to NonTypical........they should take care of you. :flag:

fountain

i thought mine was a fairly new model. i just got it this christmas. can you please take a pic of your battery holder for me---if it aint out chasing critters?