Camera Theft Stop

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
I read a post this Am from one of the guys on here who had a Cuddy Camera stolen and thought I would post an idea I started doing after we had one go missing.

The camera case is plastic so what I did was use a wood burning (soldering tool would work) and on the outside of the case in a very visible area I burned in "this camera is the property of ................", then on the inside cause they could always get a new cover I burned the same thing.

Then do all the regular things like locks, and passwords. Anyway just an idea that might deter a thief if they see it and realize it isn't going to go well at a pawn shop.

LMCGATOR

Scumbag Camera Thiefs

Wouldn't it be nice to have exploding ink like the banks use in the bags of money? I mean nasty ink that would stay on your face for months until your skin cells had to go through a complete regeneration cycle before the ink was gone.

z71mathewsman

Cameras????

I cannot figure out why these companies can't install a chip inside these units for recovery if stolen.The same kind people are installing in their pets.I wont buy another camera until they start doing this.

B4LITE

I had a deer stand stolen last year and a friend had a camera taken that was set up about a 100 yards away. I'm going to put my cheap one out in plain view and at a right angle hide another one. Should get good deer pics and maybe the culprit.

MAC12

I hate a thief... we need to all post our feelings and get this thread to as many of the camera companies as possible. They should be able to come up with some kind of code or password that you could choose a number of days that you must type in the password or the camera would lock down and you would not be able to use it untill you typed in the password. example: set it for 30 days. then after 30 days if you didn't type in the code it would shut off, but it needs to be a really good and dependable system. I have a dc-200 that i input a password and when i tried to later use it, no good, i use the same password on all my camers. I don't know what happened but i talked to non-typical and proved it was mine with receipt, but problem is they want $35.00 to unlock it, and thats more than it's worth now. so i just set it aside, going with digital anyway. what i'm saying is it should have never happened... i've been useing it 3yrs. same password, who knows what happened??? we need good quality... anyway send them the thread...........

GrandSlamHunter

Cuddeback sells a bear box for their cameras. The steel box screws into the tree from the inside (screws not exposed) and the camera fits securely inside the box. Then the box locks with a padlock. Nothin's thief proof, but this helps.
Also check out this locking bracket on ebay. It's made for several different cameras. I just bought these for my Smart Scouters.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cuddeback-Moult...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

GSH

SheldonMOAC

Most of the companies sell some type of locking brackets. I did not have them at first but after losing 2 cameras. I have purchased them for all of my cameras.

DCHunter

I was thinking about hanging a small, laminated note on it that read something like this "Dear potential thief, this camera is protected with password protection. You will NEVER be able to use it. If you are reading this, you have already had your picture taken by this camera as well as another hidden camera located nearby. This is your ONLY warning. You will not be prosecuted this time but if you are caught on the property again you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

That would prevent them from stealing for personal use AND hopefully prevent them from stealing or destroying the camera to cover up the evidence since the evidense is on the other camera.

dixie

I know a way to stop it on cams and stands too, but its not cheap and you'll have to be willing to see things tru to the end, by that I mean willing to spend some time in a courtroom. PM me and I'll give you the details