Atlanta History Center

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I dont know how well known this place is to our readers here, but thought I would share this.

This place is a museum that is kinda neat to be almost within the shadow of skyscrapers. It has the standard museum display type set up and some other outbuilding type historical features as well. They have an ongoing 1 year traveling exposition on " War in our Backyard" about the Civil war in Atlanta.

The permanent Civil War display there is simply great!!! They have the lifetime collections of the Dubose family as the nucleus of their display.
Check it out when you get a chance.

http://www.atlantahistorycenter.com/

westcobbdog

the collection of Civil War artifacts are incredible. The Dubose family had a huge amount of stuff and enough guns for a regiment.
A Gen'l from Tn. I think was possibly related, Dudley Dubose?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
the collection of Civil War artifacts are incredible. The Dubose family had a huge amount of stuff and enough guns for a regiment.
A Gen'l from Tn. I think was possibly related, Dudley Dubose?

A huge collection indeed. I am so glad the family chose to place these items where we can all enjoy :cool:

G20

Banned
Looks to be a really neat place. If I see myself making that 30 mile trek to the city "I ain't lot nuthin' in", I'll be sure to give it a look.

biker13

I go every year around my birthday and it is always something new it seems.

Sargent

I love it.. first went there in middle school.