Hawk crashed into house window....

TurkeyKiller12

I had a hawk take a dive at one of my living room windows this morning around 11 am. It didn't kill the hawk he just flopped a little bit and flew up to a nearby, after a few minutes he flew off. I have red birds and hummingbirds do this alot, but never a bird this big. I have a covered front porch that wraps around the side of the house that window is on,I just can't figure out what would've drove that hawk to just plow into my window.:huh:

shakey gizzard

I had a hawk take a dive at one of my living room windows this morning around 11 am. It didn't kill the hawk he just flopped a little bit and flew up to a nearby, after a few minutes he flew off. I have red birds and hummingbirds do this alot, but never a bird this big. I have a covered front porch that wraps around the side of the house that window is on,I just can't figure out what would've drove that hawk to just plow into my window.:huh:

The reflection looks like an opening and they try and fly through. Hang something on the window. Them little suction cup thingy's with faux stainedglass art work well. Ive also used a tall houseplant in front of a window to stop them. Now stoppin male cardinals and towhees from fightin with themselves in the car mirrors is whole nuther ballgame!