5 different animals in less than 24 hours

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I hadn't thought too much about the different types of critters on camera until you posted this info. I know that I always have an assortment. I was still missing the occasional hogs, opossums, turkeys, bobcat, foxes, rattlesnake and even a pretty bird dog that belongs to someone on the photos listed below.

I checked one of my cameras and found that on 2/21/2013, during a 14 hour span between 2:22 AM through 3:38 PM, there were photos of 7 different critters including 2 nice bucks still with headgear together, raccoons, rabbit, squirrels, crows, coyote, and doves.

As of last weekend, I currently have 205,983 trail cam photos of various critters on my computer from 9 different cameras. I did erase approximately 40,000 photos about 6 months ago. I checked and found that my computer memory was still only 31 % full last weekend. I had never used any trailcams until around 10/1/2011, so this library has been since that time.

Included in the 31 % of used memory, that also includes over 100,000 photos of work related jobsites, vacations, family, high school and college football, and various other photos over many years. I was really surprised that I actually have over 300,000 photos and still had 69 % available memory left. I do have an external harddrive BUT I have only used it to transfer about 1000 photos to it so far. I need to find time to start transferring more photos to it instead.

It is just amazing to see what really travels in our woods when we are not there.

Last edited:

batoncolle

Yeah I also get pics of squirrels, birds, stray/house cats, etc. On average I get 75 - 100 pics every day. I save all my deer pics, and I keep the interesting pics of the other critters, otherwise I would have a ton of pics like you.

You are right though - it is amazing to see what keeps popping up on camera. One of these days, I want to put a camera in the same spot, but at a different angle, just to see what I might be missing.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
batoncolle,

See the photo below.

This is the pic of the coyote that was taken on the afternoon of 2/21/2013. Look carefully, there are two more cameras in this photo. I have three cameras that are focused on three angles and I don't miss anything that comes near. It really surprised me when I first did this as I had been missing 50 % of the photo opportunities. I did this originally to see which direction a couple of hogs were coming from ONLY at night. I have NEVER seen them in the daytime but I have thousands of photos of them traveling at night. In the daytime, I can see deer, coyotes, raccoons, etc at distances of 50-75 yards this way. Lots of times, I can see deer walking towards or away from this spot and they may be 30-40 yards apart at the time as well.

I do have another area that also has cameras at different angles as well. I was really surprised to see a couple of rather large bucks that were just out of range on one camera but the other camera captured the photo and showed them standing there in the middle of the day on many occasions.

I had two dead pine trees that fell right onto the left camera in this photo and I am going to be cutting up those trees tomorrow morning and moving them out of the way. Luckily, it hit the opposite side of the tree that the camera is located. I was also able to see when they fell in the middle of the night at it showed up on one of the cameras as well.

T-CAM21216_zpsb326e7d4.jpg

The next photo is from the black camera on the right side of the above photo of the coyote. You can see more than one deer in this photo coming through the woods.

T-CAM2A241_zps39dda7f6.jpg

The next photo is from the camouflage camera shown in the left side of the photo. This photo shows three deer in this photo. Please note that this camera is set on a "wide angle view" so when I reduced it down to the 640 X 480 pixel size to post it here, it automatically reduced it down to 640 X 360 pixels instead. That is why it is a little smaller in appearance. You can see three different directions when you set up your cameras this way. It really tells the whole story this way.

T-CAM2B042_zpsce82afdc.jpg

Last edited:

Coach N

You are in a great area to have very diverse wildlife(assuming the land is close to WR). My favorite property I have ever hunted is in Mid GA, and you can hunt anything that is legal there.

batoncolle

EAGLE EYE, thanks! You just sold me on the multiple camera angles. There have definitely been times when you can tell something is just out of range such as the shape of the body or the glow of the eyes from the camera, and I am always wondering what I missed.

Coach N, yep this is in Mid GA just outside of WR.