Sabot vs Powerbelt

Stroker

I believe in the 295 Power Belt HP in front of 2/50's of Pyrodex. I'm a heart lung guy so I get complete pass throughs unless their inside 50 yards but those deer are DRT.

shane256

I scrub after every shot with plastic sabots. Everything I've read says the plastic builds quickly. Much less so with the Power Belts. Everything is a trade off!

It does... I have a T/C Pro Hunter and I run a Bore Snake through it every shot. When I do that, I can get good groups at 100yds. If I don't, by the third shot, it's already getting difficult to seat the bullet properly and the shots start opening up. By the fifth, it's terrible and looks like I've shot buckshot at the target or something.

Bowyer29

every shot with powerbelts,conicals or sabots.

The ONLY time you do not have to swab is when using Blackhorn209.
I can usually get 5 or 6 shots from my CVA Wolf shooting pyrodex and a TC Shockwave before I have to clean the barrel. Same when I shot PBelts. No pass thru with PBelts, always with the Shockwave. Shot one yesterday 70 yards, broke one shoulder missed the other bone. Quarter or larger exit wound. Dropped in tracks never moved.

Ezbagr

I shoot a Remington Genesis with 110 grains of powder with a 300 grain Hornaday XTP Bullet in a MMP Ribbed sabot and I have shot 25 times without cleaning swabbing etc. and it is still very accurate.
If you go over to hunting.net they ave a very good muzzloader forum over there with lots of information.

Glockit

I shoot a Remington 700 MLS. .50 cal. I have been hunting with it for abou 16 years now. Seen a lot of muzzleloader trends through the years. Your gun will like a certain type of load depending on the rate of twist in the barrell and the gun it's self, keep that in mind. I have had awesome luck in my rig with Barnes Expander .250 grain MZ (all copper) bullets backed up with 90-100 grains of (back in 96 loose Pyrodex) now in 2013 100 grains of 777 pellets, also upgraded years back from #11 caps to musket caps, then since about 2004, 209 shotgun primers.

Bottom line is you need to try different loads and get very familiar with your smokepole yo get the best results. Once you do you will have a weapon that will serve multi puposes, WMA especially for primative weapons, small game, wild hogs and even Corp of Engineers land on some of the lakes here in Ga.

My gun has a 1-28 twist... It shoots sabot Awsome!!! Is say sabot over power belt... Just my 2 cents