CVA Accura V2

Stingray23

Went to BPS Saturday for my annual trip before the season and bought some different bullets for both my Wolf and my Accura. I got the T/C Shockwaves . 50cal 250gr and the Hornady XTP's in 250gr. I'm trying to test the waters away from Powerbelts, especially in the Accura. I know with the Wolf sometimes it can be difficult to find the right set up as far as bullets/powder go. Does the same hold true for the Accura? I know the Bergara barrel is a more refined barrel than that of the Wolf so I'm wonderng if anyone has any experience with how tempermental they are and if anyone else has any experience with these rounds out of this particular gun.

I like the PB's as far as accuracy out of the Accura but I read a lot of negative press about performance in the field and want to see what other options might work.

F

FrontierGander

260-300gr harvester scorpion pt gold, harvester ez load sabot, 110gr blackhorn209. Shoots awesome in everything from my wolf, v2, optima and my apex.

Stingray23

What's your opinion on the Hornadys? Also got some BH209, will my breech plug work ok, I know there's a BH breech for the CVA's

bwagon83

I shoot the hornady L-N-L 250 gr with triple7 pellets in my accura v1.. Shoots 1.5-2" @ 100 yd. Might shoot better if I spent some time trying to find a sweet spot with loose powder.

ekr

I love my accura v2. My dad, my brother and friend...we all have 1 ea ourselves. We've shot Barnes Spit Fire MZ 295gr, Hornady sst-ml 300gr & now Traditions SmackDown SST 300gr. All bullets shoot extremely accurate without any adjustment to the scope from one bullet to another. I shoot them with 150gr Hodgdon Triple Seven Blackpowder Pellets and remington 209 primers. This is my hog gun so its only sighted to 50yrds. Of the 3 different bullets we've tried...the barnes are most expensive and the bullet causes more damage. If the hornady sst were instock @ bps...I'd go with those again. One good thing about this is we can shoot each others loads anytime when needed without the need to re-sight.