Need help guys

Im new to this but very excited about getting into muzzleloader hunting. Im looking for a left handed Hawkins style gun. Who makes a great gun for a reasonable price? All help will be appreciated. Thanks guys for the help.

snuffy

Check out the Lyman Great Planes Rifles. They make them in left hand models. I have the right hand 54cal. and love it.

tv_racin_fan

Check out the Lyman Great Planes Rifles. They make them in left hand models. I have the right hand 54cal. and love it.

That's about the most reasonable factory gun. I have a right handed 50 cal flinter.

You can find cheaper but the quality suffers and you can find more expensive but generally the quality isn't that much better. Now you can step up to a custom and find a real nice one for about twice or three times the price and then you could go on up from there.

stabow

You might want to check out TVM a little more than Great Planies but you get a lot more bang for the buck.....:)

flyfisher76544

If I buy a rifle can you also load it for turkey hunting ?

I wouldn't. You would need a smoothbore for that. Some folks say you can but the chance of messing up the rifling to me isn't worth the risk. Plus you don't get a good pattern(more than likely from the rifling) But look at it this way, it is just another reason to get another gun later down the road!!:clap: That is my next purchase, a nice smoothie for small game and turkey.

SASS249

If I buy a rifle can you also load it for turkey hunting ?

In Georgia you can hunt turkey with any muzzleloader. Although you can load shot in a rifle with no damage to it, I would not bother. You can also load roundball for turkey hunting and be fine. I use my .54 flintlock for small game, turkey all the time.

tv_racin_fan

You can order it over the net.