North Georgia

tonyrittenhouse

Got this buck that only comes in at night and stays away from camera. This is the closest pic's that I have got of him. He looks like he has a large neck what do you think of him. He is in the right hand corner of the pic's and I only get pic's of him about once every two weeks.

Attachments

• HUNT0010.jpg
    HUNT0010.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,539
  • HUNT0011.jpg
    HUNT0011.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,574
  • HUNT0012.jpg
    HUNT0012.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,550

MFOSTER

BANNED
Looks to be a nice buck I would scatter corn on ground around feeder he just may be cautious of feeder if he's camera shy use a black flash

tonyrittenhouse

feeder

I have not had corn out in 2 months since it is not legal in North Georgia. I just left the feeder on the tree instead of removing it since the deer were use to seeing it there. I wish we could bait in the Northern zone.

Piggy06

Boy you have better vision than these old eyes. I can't tell a thing. Try putting another cam out on his his approach route.

tonyrittenhouse

cam

It is a little hard to see but I can see at least 5 points on his left side, can't see anything on his right side because of the tree he is behind. When I had corn out I would get a lot of pic's of other bucks but he was always off in the background and you could not tell much about him.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Tony,

You have a really nice deer here. I can easily see five really nice points on the left side as well.

I think that you should call this buck, "Bashful."

I have 12 cameras in service (24/7/365) in the woods plus two more for security purposes. I have learned that the deer whether small does up to some very large bucks don't really pay too much attention to my cameras day or night. I know that some of these cameras also have a "click" sound when it takes a photo too but they will look right at the camera and then act like it didn't happen. The flash doesn't bother them in the slightest either.

rosewood

Boy you have better vision than these old eyes. I can't tell a thing. Try putting another cam out on his his approach route.

Depends on the screen you are looking at it with. At one angle, I couldn't see it either, then I sat up and could see it.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova

Piggy06,

Here is a way for any of you members to see a much better photo and it is so simple.

Try this.

As you are viewing the photo up above, just left click anywhere on this photo and then after doing so, then hold down the "control key" and while holding it down, punch the (=+ key) and when you do, it enlarges the photo on the screen and as you keep clicking on the (=+ key), the photo will be enlarge again and again until you can see all sorts of things much better because everything is enlarged on your screen. Then you can reduce the photo back down to the original size by then clicking on the (-_ key) while still holding down the control key. You can use the scroll key for up and down and side to side to center the item that you are looking at since it will be enlarged.

I use this feature all of the time for more details.

Try that and see what you think.

FOLES55

I would scatter corn around also and then try raising your camera up high with a downward angle of the area, who knows just might work. It works with the killdee scrape thread on bigger bucks why not give it a shot.

tonyrittenhouse

bait

I would scatter corn around also and then try raising your camera up high with a downward angle of the area, who knows just might work. It works with the killdee scrape thread on bigger bucks why not give it a shot.
I would but that would be considered baiting in the northern zone and we are not allowed to bait. But I may try raising the camera up.

Zook

How long is the delay time on your camera? You have it on 3 multi-shot, but if your delay is set on, say, 5 minutes then he probably walked out and ate all around before your camera was active again. Try shortening this setting. Most will let you do 30 seconds delays. You will get a buttload of pics, but it may give you the shot you want of him as well.

tonyrittenhouse

delay

It is actually set on a 5 second delay and I had it on 3 shot burst. I moved the camera yesterday at noon to a fresh scrape that just showed up about 50 yards from were the cam was set. I set the cam to take 60 second video's with a 5 second delay. I hunted there this evening until dark I did not see anything but did check the cam on the way out and had a different eight point at the scrape at 1:39 a.m. I can't get the video footage to upload to gon to post it. I hunted the same spot Saturday morning and let 4 doe walk. I'm not shooting any doe this year I hope that will bring the larger buck's in once they go into heat.

tonyrittenhouse

Thanks

Thanks that does look a little better. I hope some more of the bucks I have pic's of during the summer start returning with the rut. I had several really nice bucks during the summer. Here are a few pic's of them I saved while going through my sd cards. The first pic that is an 8 point is the one I have video of working a scrape yesterday.

Attachments

• 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 753
  • HUNT0120.jpg
    HUNT0120.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 720
  • HUNT0032.jpg
    HUNT0032.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 726
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg