Deer tote for a poor man

Fishin & Hunting

Made this deer tote from a worn out old lawn mower. Added some all thread rods for added weight support and some I-bolts to give some where to tie down too.

Thought I would post this to help some others with some ideas.

Still waiting to try this out.

Any other ideas out there for the poor man.

Attachments

• deer tote.JPG
    deer tote.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 7,048
  • Deer tote 2.JPG
    Deer tote 2.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 6,671

Uncle T

Nice!

Here's what I've been using. You can find them for less than $20.

Attachments

• handtruck.gif
    handtruck.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 6,920

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
That is a pretty neat deal right there. I am sure that would do a fine job. I love my rolling deer cart and now don't know how I did with out it.

ponyboy

let us know how it works out n what mods need to be made if any...... :cool:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Good looking drag. Also, Uncle T have you thought about putting bigger wheels on it?

Scouter

Novel idea! I kinda like Jim's suggestion of bigger wheels and if they had air instead of solid rubber, it would probably roll better. Then again sometimes you just have to use what you have because that is all you have.

blindhog

Thanks for the idea! I have a mower in the back that blew a rod out the side of the motor, with those big wheels. New deer tote!

Forget about that $3000 4-wheeler. How many times a year do ya need to drag one out?

3 times...equals $1000 per tote with a 4-wheeler...

With the poor man's tote=free or $0

I likes dat!

gtaff

Banned
Let us know how is works out for you.

DSGB

That's looks like the ticket right there! My dad has an old mower in the back yard that I can use. Thanks for the idea!

Fishin & Hunting

Had to use it today

I can tell you one thing, it'snot a 4 wheeler, but it is 400% better than dragging them out. Shot a little bit better than average doe today about a mile from where I could get the truck. Took my stand and smoke pole back to the truck and took my deer tote in to do the work. Now I was sure tired out by the time I got to my truck, but I made it with out having a heart attack. I was by myself.

Found that the further down to the wheels you can get the wieght the better it is. I let the head and front legs drag the ground (also tied the front legs to the neck to keep them out of the way). It went over branches up to 6 inches with no problem. This surprise me. It never tipped over, but did get hung up once on a 2 inch sapling that I let get between the wheel and frame.

Attachments

• Doe first 2005.JPG
    Doe first 2005.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 6,434

Uncle T

Wow! Congrats and I know it makes you feel good to finally test it out. Now all you need is a patent for the all new and improved "F&H Deer Cart". :cool:

Let us know when you get the self propelled model on the market and how much it will cost us. You could even tell people the bagger is a fanny pack to stow all your gear. :rofl:

UT

ps
If the above contraption starts selling like hotcakes remember Uncle T when the profits start rolling in. :pop:

ponyboy

i dont know ...that thang looks like trouble........ :rofl:

Fishin & Hunting

Job offer

Uncle T, when I start my company to make these things. I might offer you a job in human resourses rather than quality assurance.

I am sure you know enough about monkey business to hire some monkeys.

Uncle T

How about Marketing? :huh:

I see you're from Butts County so we could use this:

1. We're Hauling Butts
2. No Butts Too Big
3. Don't let that dead deer kick your Butts

How's this sound? :rofl:

UT

cgn526

Good idea F&H! Where are you at in Butts?