Electronic call choice

Jcurtis4

Narrowed down to two calls to start messing with varmints. Icotec GC350 vs FOXPRO Wildfire 2. Any reviews on these products?

drawedback

Both are good calls, and I've killed coyotes with both. I primarily bought icotec because I couldn't download MFK sounds to my foxpro at the time, but now they have switched to foxpro. I would probably go with the foxpro just because there are so many new sounds you can load. Between foxpro's extensive sound collection, to MFK, to Tony Tebbe sounds and more.

JohnK

I'm just wondering about all these "sounds". I don't use many different sounds even thought they are on the caller. Like "baby cotton tail" will bring rabbits running in so why would I want a different rodent, small animal sound?
I suspect if you fail to kill the incomers it may cause issues. I know that crows, hawks etc. will come in to Lightning Jack the first few times but they seem to wise up and realize thet ain't going to get fed after a few times.

drawedback

I'm just wondering about all these "sounds". I don't use many different sounds even thought they are on the caller. Like "baby cotton tail" will bring rabbits running in so why would I want a different rodent, small animal sound?
I suspect if you fail to kill the incomers it may cause issues. I know that crows, hawks etc. will come in to Lightning Jack the first few times but they seem to wise up and realize thet ain't going to get fed after a few times.

I like different sounds because I don't want to be throwing the same old sounds at them all the time. Just because you don't see a coyote on a stand don't mean he wasn't there. Coyotes are also well known for travelling great distances, so they could be getting educated in other places. I'm not saying you can't kill them using the sounds that come on your call, however the more sounds you have at your fingertips, the better chance you have at having something they will respond to at any time.