Used vehicle?

transfixer

4cyl ? or V6 ? Both have transmission issues somewhere around 100k , be prepared for a $3000 plus repair ticket when they do. The 4cyl version seems to be a little worse, it uses a smaller transmission than the V6. haven't seen too many issues out of the engines. I would suggest Googling for complaints and issues with that model and year to find out what people who've owned them have to say about them, I'm an automotive transmission tech, I just see them when they're torn up.

Lukikus2

Thanks guys. What seems to be the problem with the transmissions? I know the late 90's early 2000's Chevy's had the sunbell (something like that) problem. I paid for three of them. Same deal?

transfixer

Sorry, didn't see your question till tonite, both the 4cyl and 6cyl versions of that transmission have problems with a clutch pack cushion plate breaking, when it breaks the pieces sorta fly around inside the immediate area and end up destroying an aluminum drum, sometimes damages other parts as well, including the case of the transmission sometimes, just depends on how long someone drives it once it starts acting up. GM updated the cushion plates somewhere around 2010 or 2011, but I have still seen vehicles after that have the same problem, they also have a problem with pressure switches in the unit, but that isn't quite as extensive a repair as the wave plate problem.