Anyone seeing poults?

Gut_Pile

Saw a hen with 5 poults in Gilmer county Saturday. Couldn't have been more than a couple of days old.

Also had a buddy find a nest with 10 eggs in it on the same property.

DRBugman85

As I drove around the club yesterday seen more hens with poults than last year every food plot had 3 to 4 hens with 8-10 poults some bitty size and a few looking 1/2 grown,and 3 XLARGE gobblers that know the season is over just strutting in wing high grass and paid no attention to my truck.Now just need to keep the coyotes and bobcats in check from eating them.:shoot:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Poults

Seen this hen and 4 poults in Troup this week, I hope they haven't drowned !

Attachments

• IMG_4171.jpg
    IMG_4171.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 545

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Finally saw some in Bartow County......passed 3 hens in a field with tall grass......on the way back there were only 2, but saw about 4 or 5 poults that were maybe 4" high to their backs..........so cool to listen to them practicing their little kee kee runs:cool:

I tried to photo them, but the grass was too tall to get them:mad:

tom turkey 2x2

Poults

This morning, June 5th I saw a hen with 6 tiny poilts cross a county rd. No hurry, I stopped and watched the show. They were the smallest I have seen in

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen several about the size of chickens lately.

NUTT

Saw two hens with seven poults at the feeder yesterday. They were big enough to chase crows off while mama watched!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Yep, and a fair amount of em too.

Gut_Pile

I have hens with 10-15 poults on every camera I'm running in Early County.

bullit

The last Saturday of March 2017 near Albany. A friend reached down and picked up a poult ... he let it go after a very short video of the hen responding to the yelps from the poult.