Buck Muscle ????

z71mathewsman

Anyone use this stuff,if so,prove to me its worth the effort.I got a tract of land in Macon County that I think needs some protein in their diet,attached are a couple of bucks I have on cam this year.There is no agriculture around,and its not near the Flint River.

Attachments

• 11240009.jpg
    11240009.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 717
  • 11270028.jpg
    11270028.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 707
  • MFDC4910.jpg
    MFDC4910.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 707

1gr8bldr

The best bang for your buck is soy bean from a local farmer. Mix about 25 % to 50% in a feeder. According to what I have on camera, some years I don't bother. This year is a year to do it. Ive got several that have good potential. The first pic, has a poor rack for his size body. The body size reveals that he has no lack of food but for sure a genetic restraint that will never be overcome by protein. The middle deer pic..... Not sure. The last pic.... this deer has good potential with good genetics. Protein will help him reach his max potential. The key is reaching max potential. Yet potential is determined by his genes. EDIT, after another look, the last deer is older than my first impression led me to believe. He should have more rack than this although what he is symetrical and 10pts. I guess you work with what you got.

ucfireman

I have a thread on the trail cam section that shows a 6pt last year and 8pt this year. He is the same deer, I know for a fact. I don't necessarily think one is better than the other but feed is good. He was fed buck muscle from March till Oct.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
how can you know for a fact that you are looking at the same deer? Not trying to be a smart rear, just asking a serious question

doomtrpr_z71

There's no way you have land in Macon county and not be relatively close to agriculture, that being said soybeans have higher protein than buck muscle and would be cheaper.

MaconCobowguy

I have property in Macon county and have been feeding buck muscle for two years now. Deer absolutely hammer it during the spring ang summer and I use it as an attractant during the season. The feed is first rate and the buck muscle boys are great people.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Anybody know whats the price of the Buck Muscle?

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team

I changed over to buck muscle 2 years ago. I am not feeding the coons nearly as much when I was feeding a different feed.
Manchester feed sells it. You can buy direct from the farm but need to buy 10 bags minimum.

ucfireman

how can you know for a fact that you are looking at the same deer? Not trying to be a smart rear, just asking a serious question

He had a broken left front leg last year, watched him all winter, heal up. If you look at the 8pts front left leg just below the elbow you can see where it healed up.

ucfireman

In Newnan its about 15/ bag at Arnall.
Much cheaper if you buy direct but they told me by the ton only. I dont have anywhere to store it.
They did eat it well all summer but walked away just after the acorns came down.

z71mathewsman

Buck Muscle

I think using soybeans mixed with my corn would be cheaper too.And the soybean is like 34% protein,I think I read that right.I had the Buck Muscle in my trough feeders 2 yrs ago on this same property,I couldn't keep it in there fast enough,they hammered it.And I cant afford to feed them like that.If I put soybean in with my corn,it should work well in my tripod feeder.I can limit how much they eat that way.

z71mathewsman

Macon County

There's no way you have land in Macon county and not be relatively close to agriculture, that being said soybeans have higher protein than buck muscle and would be cheaper.

I know there is agriculture in county,just saying my tract is not within 3 or 4 miles from any crops.

BCPbuckhunter

You first need to plant as much in food plots as you can. They need a good forage base before you should attempt to start a feeding program if you can. Supplemental feeding is just that-supplemental. To do a proper feeding program is costly too. I plant high quality food plots and use clover as the backbone of my plots. It is what works for me. You can't expect to feed protein one year and see immediate results-yes they will grow a little but for a buck to unlock his genetic potential his body needs to fully develop also. There are a lot of good studies done by the University of Mississippi that explain a lot of it. Look it up if you have the time. But all the people I know that have great success with a feeding program also have a lot planted for the deer also. Good luck and I am a proponent of supplemental feeding.

Longhorn 16

The product has been great for us. Third season for our place and can see a difference without a doubt.