Lanier Mountain View

dank1296

Went out in the Solo Skiff last tuesday flat creek. Caught 3 spots and catfish downlining bluebacks. No stripers or walleyes this trip. Did have one fish take me into trees. Waiting on next warmup to get back out. Excuse sideways photos :shoot:

Attachments

• solo skiff.JPG
    solo skiff.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 478
  • cat.JPG
    cat.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 478
  • spot.JPG
    spot.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 476

hopper

Nice catch. I like that Solo is that a 2.5 Yama on the back?
I got a little 2.3 Honda that I am putting on the canoe. Work and cold weather keeping me from breaking it in. I live on the otherside of the lake Young Dear will be my go to drop.
Never been out on Lanier in such a small craft, good to see others doing it and pulling some nice fish.

dank1296

Its a suzuki 2.5 i mostly fish during week avoid the traffic. Solo Skiff a good set up can put up to a 5 HP on it, I get bout 8-9 mph but i mostly drift or idle speed trolling. Do you know if you can put a small boat in at beaver ruin now.

hopper

Drove down Beaver Ruin about 6 months ago and it said no trespassing. Looke like some planning going on back there. I may drive down again and check it out. If I find anything I will post it. I used to fish the bank there 15 yrs ago. I am near Shady grove so Young Dear park is close and across the creek from Beaver Ruin.