Anyone shoot long beard xr with mossberg 500?

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
If so what choke are you using?

Asking for my bro who is setting up his 13 year old with her new 500 for this turkey season.
Longbeardxr will most likely be the ammo.
I was lookin for longbeard chokes online and don't see that carlsons makes one for the 500????
So what other chokes will work good for longbeard?
And is it important to have ported or non ported for longbeard?
Is it even an issue to be looking for longbeard specific choke?
Is it all a marketing "you need another choke" scheme?

Thanks for y'alls input!!!!!!
They ask me everything at camp, they think I'm a genius cause I always have an answer. I don't tell them that all I do is come on here and ask!!!:rofl:

JHannah92

My Mossberg 500 came with a factory xxfull choke and shoots decent patterns with that and Longbeard #6's.

deast1988

Oldgobbler forums have loads of data.

Three solid reputable company's all work well.

PureGold
Kicks
TruLock

Long beard is fairly responsive to chokes. If gun shoots POA should be screw a choke on shoot a few pellet sizes An find the winner.

13yr old, I'd be trying to find a more forgiving pattern not a slug hole.

#6 should be most open pattern but if I'm shooting lead I like #5s just personal.

My buddy has a pattern master code black shoots 3.5in #4s An gets 180s crushes birds for way cheaper then tungsten prices.

armyvet4583

I shoot a 535 with the xx full it came with. Good pattern with 3in. #6s. I'm looking to see what I can do with #5 3.5"" with the help of sum toy down the road. Sumtoy would be my first choke of choice for many reasons. If you got one from him you won't be sorry.

Buckman18

I shoot a 535 with the xx full it came with. Good pattern with 3in. #6s. I'm looking to see what I can do with #5 3.5"" with the help of sum toy down the road. Sumtoy would be my first choke of choice for many reasons. If you got one from him you won't be sorry.

I bought one of these half way into last season, and it patterned cheap grey box winchester super x #4's better than the high end #5's and 6's I already had for my other guns. I will be trying 3.5 inch #4 longbeards in it when Wally World gets them in. It's a .670 constricted choke, and I suspect that's why it liked the #4's better?

My other guns have a .660 choke, and do much better with 5's and 6's.

Latest posts