Bigfoot

WaltL1

As far as I’m concerned, your a alright guy. I could sit at a campfire and enjoy the time around you.
Heck I know now the next morning I would have to make the coffee. Lols.
He was sounding like a pretty good guy until he said he doesn't drink coffee.
That's got to be some sort of sin :bounce:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
He was sounding like a pretty good guy until he said he doesn't drink coffee.
That's got to be some sort of sin :bounce:

What can I say, nobody's perfect....

oldfella1962

Sure I believe in making things right. I can handle that on my own without the need of an invisible friend knowing whether Ive been bad or good so be good for goodness sake.
I've been lucky enough to have led a very good life. Never have tried drugs of any sort. Ill drink an occasional beer. Been with the same woman since I was 15yrs old. Never been in trouble with the law. Never smoked. Heck, I've never had a cup of coffee.

I cannot abandon something that does not exist. Like I said, I dont need to invent a crutch in my mind to make sure I do the right thing.

you've never had a cup of coffee? I can't imagine life without it! :cry: It actually has many health benefits if consumed in moderation.

1gr8bldr

Sure I believe in making things right. I can handle that on my own without the need of an invisible friend knowing whether Ive been bad or good so be good for goodness sake.
I've been lucky enough to have led a very good life. Never have tried drugs of any sort. Ill drink an occasional beer. Been with the same woman since I was 15yrs old. Never been in trouble with the law. Never smoked. Heck, I've never had a cup of coffee.

I cannot abandon something that does not exist. Like I said, I dont need to invent a crutch in my mind to make sure I do the right thing.
You would make a good Christian. ::ke:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
you've never had a cup of coffee? I can't imagine life without it! :cry: It actually has many health benefits if consumed in moderation.

I just don't like it.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
You would make a good Christian. ::ke:

I wonder why many Christians dont.

I dont think Be good, Do good and Do unto others as you would want done to yourself was started 1,985 years ago.

ky55

I wonder why many Christians dont.

I dont think Be good, Do good and Do unto others as you would want done to yourself was started 1,985 years ago.

bullet,
It’s a dang shame you are such a nice guy and that “original sin” thing is still sending you to an eternity of suffering and misery.

matt79brown

I'm a coffee guzzlin' bible thumper & I find ya'll boys got a lot in common with churchianity. After all, thats where most of you came from. Never had any real faith of your own, ye just shook off what somebody else tried to push over on you. Problem is ya'll threw God away when you threw out your dead religions. I'd back up and reconsider ol' wise ones.

1gr8bldr

Oh my, this conversation has taken a turn. Time to insult those you can't outwit. Sickem boys

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I'm a coffee guzzlin' bible thumper & I find ya'll boys got a lot in common with churchianity. After all, thats where most of you came from. Never had any real faith of your own, ye just shook off what somebody else tried to push over on you. Problem is ya'll threw God away when you threw out your dead religions. I'd back up and reconsider ol' wise ones.

People had great qualities and were well behaved long before the concept of a church was conveived.
I was born a nonbeliever as were you.
Indoctrination, culture, location, family had everything to do with me being a christian. That was made official at baptism. For 20 years, being a part of the dog and pony show, I thought it was god. I needed 20 years to sort it all out.
A person cannot throw away anything they do not have.

Tell me how your argument and claims differ from a person from another religion telling you the same thing. Why wouldnt you believe them and switch just to be safe?

If you cant reconsider, why should I?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
bullet,
It’s a dang shame you are such a nice guy and that “original sin” thing is still sending you to an eternity of suffering and misery.

Yeah.
I wasn't given the golden ticket.

I get confused.
Adam had original sin, god sent Jesus to wipe the sin away. But somehow it is still here.
Almost sounds like another excuse.??

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Oh my, this conversation has taken a turn. Time to insult those you can't outwit. Sickem boys

I can handle these boys.
They have not said anything that have I not told myself over the years. I just went a few steps further and tested it all out.
I am still here because of the few true apologists who can make me think.

You have a gift 1gr8. Thanks.
I hope you didnt take anything that ive said as an insult towards you.

1gr8bldr

I can handle these boys.
They have not said anything that have I not told myself over the years. I just went a few steps further and tested it all out.
I am still here because of the few true apologists who can make me think.

You have a gift 1gr8. Thanks.
I hope you didnt take anything that ive said as an insult towards you.
You handled it well.
I was impressed that you gave a patient response after having the burn card played on you. And the never had faith card. Your an inspiration. I still get riled up so easily over religion assumptions. If you can do it, then maybe I can do better.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I have no interest on hedging bets or covering bases. I am perfectly happy saying that I don't know what may or may not be beyond death. I don't throw all my eggs in one basket thinking that if I am wrong I have nothing to lose either.
You may very well be worshipping the wrong god and pay dearly for all of eternity.

You handled it well.
I was impressed that you gave a patient response after having the burn card played on you. And the never had faith card. Your an inspiration. I still get riled up so easily over religion assumptions. If you can do it, then maybe I can do better.

He used the get burned card on me. :rofl:
Did I see the word “Eternity” “Pay Dearly”:rofl:

Anyway I’ve enjoyed reading this thread.

atlashunter

I'd back up and reconsider ol' wise ones.

I’m willing to do that. Are you? I could be wrong. How can I discover error in my beliefs? How can I put them to the test in an honest manner that leaves the conclusion to the facts and not to my own preconceptions? How can I likewise test the truth of the claims made by my holy book? We’ve done that. Often over the course of a number of years. The facts led us to our conclusions and they happened to be different from the preconceptions that were instilled in us from childhood. That’s not easy to do. Have you done it? I doubt it. Yet you tell us we are the ones who should reconsider our position. To which I say certainly! If I’ve aimed for truth and missed the mark I welcome any help in getting closer to it. Show me the evidence that this god exists and is worthy of worship. Show me why your god is any more credible than any other god.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
He used the get burned card on me. :rofl:
WHERE???
Did I see the word “Eternity” “Pay Dearly”:rofl:
You certainly did see those words but because you are stuck on only having two choices due to your beliefs through indoctrination, your thoughts immediately assume that I meant you are going to burn.
Expand your mind. If the concept of a god is real to you then there are over 4000 religions on the planet. That is a lot of gods and possibilities to sort through. Are you Sure that if you have picked incorrectly that you'll have lost nothing?
If you have reasons as to why you do NOT believe in all of those others religions, odds are I have used those same reasons to not believe in yours.
You are an atheist to thousands of other gods.
I believe in one less god than you do.

Anyway I’ve enjoyed reading this thread.
Stick around. Id like to hear some of your thoughts.