Quail in Elberton?

I was driving down the road in Elberton today and a single quail flew across the road. first time ive seen that in a while!

Nugefan

I wonder if it was pen raised or wild ....

5 or 6 years ago I was hunting in Maxey and saw an adult and 4 polts sneaking thru the clearcut one morning ....

GAGE

GONetwork Member
We have a couple of coveys on our place, and while I do not see them very often I do hear them regularly.

Kawaliga

Gone but not forgotten
They are making a pretty good comeback on my place in Macon county. Heard males calling pretty regular last fall.

cr00241

There are a couple coveys in the Tignall area of Wilkes I have jumped up. Killed my first wild one last year. Spring time, they can be heard everywhere. I have also seen them on the side of the main rd.

Pate55

There are a couple coveys in the Tignall area of Wilkes I have jumped up. Killed my first wild one last year. Spring time, they can be heard everywhere. I have also seen them on the side of the main rd.
I came up on the Biggest Covey I have ever seen in a fire break around some planted pines in that area a few years ago while we were hog hunting ....it was blistering cold and they were packed so close together it took me a while to figure out what i was seeing....they never flushed just ran into the thick stuff like a school of fish.....must have been 40 birds or so because the flock was the size of the hood of my truck!!!:yeah: