Overnight/Multi-day gulf trips

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Anyone been on an overnight or multi-day gulf trip?
It's on my bucket list and looking for a good charter.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I have never been on one but i have been wanting to go...check out hubbard's marina in madeira beach, they have some videos on youtube that you can check out as well.

mdgreco191

Hubbards is probably your most affordable.

Do you have a good bit of party boat experience? The reason I ask is that those multi day trips are usually for the hardcore local anglers. You have to book way out in advance if you want a good spot because the regulars fill them up fast. Also most of the time the mates are not going to be like the day trips. They won't take your fish off the line and tie your line for you every time you break off. Just some FYI's.

ssmith

Johns pass fl

Hubbard's pier great. Been yrs since I last went. Boat left Fri at 7 came back Sunday early am.Live pinfish best. If prone to seasickness better take something. Used to cost us 100 per trip now probably 300. Hope you can go

notnksnemor

Thanks for the tips.
I'm a seasoned party boat fisherman and can fish just about any spot along the rail. Do you have to stick to your spot specifically or can you move around if other spots are open? I long leader (15 to 20 foot leader)fish the current mostly and sometimes you have to switch sides depending on current direction.

DAWG FAN

If you want to catch a boat load and can come up with 5-6 guys I would suggest Capt. Kenny @ Doghouse Charters in Port St. Joe, Fl. He does overnight trips for up to 6 and the price is fair. Always catch lots of snapper & grouper.

notnksnemor

I think I'll give Hubbard's a try this summer. They have some pretty cool youtube videos I've been watching.
Wife is going to Colorado to visit the grandkids in June, think I'll take a fishing trip while she's gone.

jmac7469

Hubbard's is a first class operation with great deck hands and the food is phenomenal. Go and have a great time. Just remember to pay for the meal plan.

jimboknows

another vote for Hubbards...call them first and ask questions, they are pretty friendly and give good advice...I like different kinds of bait...cut bait to start, live pinfish or whitebait once they get fired up.

FishingAddict

Hubbards is good.

Another good operation is Gulfstar out of Tarpon Springs. Boat is smaller and rolls a whole lot more when it's rough, but they take a max of 19 on their middle ground trips and the fishing tends to be better in my opinion. Costs more, but you do get more fishing time.

Both great choices though. Try em both!