Just wondering

Corey

How many of you have cast from your yak, snagged
a pole and slung it across the lake? I'm not saying I
have done this before just asking for a friend :pop:

Coenen

...the real reason I pull live bait... :bounce:

61BelAir

My wife and I have both slung one into the river, but they were right by the kayak and easy to retrieve. We've had more problems with limbs and vines stealing them while we pass by.

Oddly, I did just see and reply to a post in the Freshwater section where someone lost a rod off their boat and I did the same about a week ago.

More times than we've slung a rod out, we have just had our lure hit the rod in the back and cause a major backlash. Those have been our worst birdnests ever and it always seems to happen when you are casting towards what you're sure is a big one.

Rabun

How many of you have cast from your yak, snagged
a pole and slung it across the lake? I'm not saying I
have done this before just asking for a friend :pop:

I have a Wilderness Systems 120 tarpon. I mounted two of these where you would place the vertical rod holders in the back and one infront of me in the cockpit. I keep the back rods horizontal when casting so they are out of the way...of me snagging them and from getting hung on low tree limbs. Or swing them out 90 degrees from the boat for trolling. You can adjust them any way you need to and secure the rod in there with the collar. If you have the trax system you can attach the bases to them so you don't have to put holes in your boat.

http://www.basspro.com/Attwood-Rod-Holder/product/10205371/?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT_FS_VTT1