replacement truck speakers near Athens/Buford/Commerce

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Hello fine GON friends!
I have some time off on Friday and want to go buy speakers for my 83 chevy truck. Where do I go now???

Radio/speakers haint worked in this truck fer many a year.
My boy got a new radio for it for Christmas. He's very excited to get some mp3 player music in this truck for turkey season.
Any way, got an instalation kit off ebay and it just arrived today. I wanna get started friday and wrap this up by the end of the weekend if I can. So I was wondering where I could go to physically purchase speakers now? I'd rather not order them and put this off. I shoulda ordered speakers at the same time as the kit but I wasn't thinkin.
When I was younger there were Best Buy's, Circut Cities, Sears and other similar stores everywhere and they had every speaker you needed!!
Now the online website thing says no 3.5's at best buys in Athens. I haint checked walmart but I doubt they have 3.5's. But hey..... they may surprise me.

Anyway thanks for any suggestions if y'all know a big selection speaker store within 45ish minutes of Commerce that I can go to on Friday!!!!:cheers:

Casey81

I dont know anyone that is going to have that small of a speaker instock local. Have you checked amazon prime or crutchfield. That may be your quickest bet to get them.

Artfuldodger

I bought the 5.25 inch size of the Rockfort Fosgate coaxial for my sedan. They sound pretty good. I bought some cheap ones at Walmart and the tweeters fell off the cones. I just glued them back on.
I would think any name brand would be OK. Just make sure the prices is for two speakers.

3.5 one at amazon;
https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fos...8&qid=1489099922&sr=8-3&keywords=3.5+speakers

These Pioneers are cheaper if it's for two;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00009QOTA/ref=psdc_10980771_t1_B001P86SP2

Local places sell and install adding only a little for installation. If you order some make sure the depth is the same as your old ones even if it says they will fit.

Dr. Strangelove

Call Custom Sound in Athens (706) 549-4844 or Uptown Tint In Athens (706) 543-6399. I don't have any experience with either, but both have been around since I was here in college 25 years ago.