WWYD? Real Estate Purchase

rayjay

When you are done with closing and walking out the lawyer's office door ask the guy how much the other offer was for. hahahahahhahhahahhaha ! I would do it for sure !!

joey1919

When you are done with closing and walking out the lawyer's office door ask the guy how much the other offer was for. hahahahahhahhahahhaha ! I would do it for sure !!

Absolutely, then ask him for their contact info so you can flip it for a profit...Even if you have no intentions of doing so.

MTMiller

I would not say anything else on a public forum. Use professional council. Good luck!

skiff23

Force the contract. They have a higher offer and want the money . You have vested time and money , so has your realtor. Force it !
A man's word is supposed to be gold , sounds like these folks are scamming you.

Jake Allen

Make them an offer to cancel the contract. 20% of total or whatever you think will easy your pain.

Your time is worth money. You have spent time you can't get back you could have used to find a property you can buy.

I would think the Realtor is going to pursue their commission if they had a contract.

This would be my choice.

rayjay

When is the house warming ????

katfish1

The deal finally fell apart , The appraisal mysteriously came in almost 100k low. The owner and the appraiser got to spend some quality time together without my agent present. The banker even said he was amazed that it didn't appraise for enough. Small town politics , if you have the proper last name , things can happen. I finally told them to enjoy the property, told the appraiser to enjoy the 1400.00 check for the bogus appraisal and went on my way. Everything happens for a reason , and maybe there was a reason for all this. One thing for sure is, "Everything comes clean on washday!!"

rjcruiser

The deal finally fell apart , The appraisal mysteriously came in almost 100k low. The owner and the appraiser got to spend some quality time together without my agent present. The banker even said he was amazed that it didn't appraise for enough. Small town politics , if you have the proper last name , things can happen. I finally told them to enjoy the property, told the appraiser to enjoy the 1400.00 check for the bogus appraisal and went on my way. Everything happens for a reason , and maybe there was a reason for all this. One thing for sure is, "Everything comes clean on washday!!"

Interesting. I probably would have gotten a different appraisal...but, understand sometimes, in your gut....you just have a feeling that it isn't meant to be.

You're right about everything coming clean on washday....and another door will open that will be the door you're supposed to walk through.:cheers:

Dr. Strangelove

I'm sorry that you lost the opportunity to purchase the land that you wanted, but having followed this thread for a while, it sounds like you're probably better off. The seller is an absolute scumbag. If someone is just bound and determined that they are going to screw you over they will every time.

Better luck on the next one, and you're right about small town politics.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Did you receive a copy of the Appraisal? If you think there was some home cooking going on, the appraiser could get in some mighty deep trouble. I would have it looked at very thoroughly.

katfish1

I did finally get a copy. Took a few weeks, but I got it. Attorney told me we could have another done, but at this point I've had enough. After much thought and prayer, we are just moving on.

bronikjb

Think about this, now. You had a deal at $95K below asking price, and appraisal came $100K below that. It seems to me this seller is now holding property worth $195K less than he once thought. If the appraiser was influenced by something the seller said, that is very likely against his professional ethics standards. Painful as it is, I think you have the best standing in this busted deal. Good luck in your further searching