Kingdom of heaven.

hobbs27

Can evil people enter the kingdom of God?

Was Israel considered old covenant Kingdom of God?

hobbs27

Artfuldodger

1 Corinthians 6:9-12
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, ADULTERERS, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals,10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.12 "All things are lawful to me," but not all things do profit. "All things are lawful to me," but I will not be mastered by anything.

hobbs27

1 Corinthians 6:9-12
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, ADULTERERS, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals,10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.12 "All things are lawful to me," but not all things do profit. "All things are lawful to me," but I will not be mastered by anything.

Thanks Art.
Now was Israel an old covenant kingdom of God?

hobbs27

Exodus 19:6 and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel."
????

Artfuldodger

Ephesians 5:5
You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.

OK, we're going to have to add GREEDY people along with adulterers.

hobbs27

Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

The kingdom of God taken from old covenant Israel and given to another people.

Agree?

Artfuldodger

Thanks Art.
Now was Israel an old covenant kingdom of God?

I think so. Does that make me a dispensationalists? Unless Israel was never the kingdom to begin with. Does that make me a predestination believer?
Maybe I'm a Reformed Dispensationalist.

hobbs27

I think so. Does that make me a dispensationalists? Unless Israel was never the kingdom to begin with. Does that make me a predestination believer?
Maybe I'm a Reformed Dispensationalist.

It doesnt make you anything ...

Two kingdoms in the time Jesus was here in His earthly ministry . The Kingdom of God that was Israel...and the Kingdom of God that was at hand or near...

Agree so far?

Ahhh. Or was it one Kingdom. The one ruling over Israel that would be taken away?

Artfuldodger

It doesnt make you anything ...

Two kingdoms in the time Jesus was here in His earthly ministry . The Kingdom of God that was Israel...and the Kingdom of God that was at hand or near...

Agree so far?

I do, I see a Kingdom through Israel and I see a future Kingdom through a New Covenant with this same Israel. In this Kingdom, non-Israelites can become heirs to the promise.
The promise that God made to Abraham.

Artfuldodger

Romans 9:4-8
4the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory and the covenants; theirs the giving of the Law, the temple worship, and the promises. 5Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them proceeds the human descent of Christ, who is God over all, forever worthy of praise! Amen. 6It is not as though God’s word has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.
6It is not as though God’s word has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7Nor because they are Abraham’s descendants are they all his children. On the contrary, “Through Isaac your offspring will be reckoned.” 8So it is not the children of the flesh who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as offspring.

The original Kingdom which was physical Israel and the new Kingdom which is spiritual Israel that includes the grafted in Gentiles?

Romans 11:28-29
28Regarding the gospel, they are enemies on your account; but regarding election, they are loved on account of the patriarchs. 29For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable.

This explaining the old and new.

hobbs27

I do, I see a Kingdom through Israel and I see a future Kingdom through a New Covenant with this same Israel. In this Kingdom, non-Israelites can become heirs to the promise.
The promise that God made to Abraham.

So the kingdom of God that was old covenant Israel being a physical land was made up of good and bad people.

But the new covenant kingdom of God as we have already established is made up only of righteous.

See where Im going? This is exciting stuff I saw in Gods word last night.

The parable of the wheat and tares. It must be about old covenant Israel and its demise because tares do not grow with wheat in the new covenant kingdom. :banana:

Artfuldodger

Mark 1:14-15 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

In this Kingdom of God that is on earth as it is in Heaven, today.

Isn't there still evil?

hobbs27

Mark 1:14-15 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

In this Kingdom of God that is on earth as it is in Heaven, today.

Isn't there still evil?

Evil outside the kingdom yes, but in the parable the two were to grow together until the harvest. The new covenant kingdom is only righteous.

Artfuldodger

Off topic a bit but explain this;

Colossians 3:4
When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

1 John 3:2
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

If we are in the Kingdom of God, why is there so much scripture that talks about a secret of what we will be when Christ returns?

I didn't get to see Christ when he came in 70AD. I didn't get to become as he is. I feel as if I missed something.

Artfuldodger

Evil outside the kingdom yes, but in the parable the two were to grow together until the harvest. The new covenant kingdom is only righteous.

What do you think when you read Galatians 5:19-21?

19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery; 20idolatry and sorcery; hatred, discord, jealousy, and rage; rivalries, divisions, factions, 21and envy; drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

That and other passages of the sin lists? The sin lists that keep one out of the Kingdom? I'm just trying to see how the Kingdom being here now changes anything in relation to these passages.

Artfuldodger

Is it something along these lines. Today there is the Kingdom of God on earth as it is in Heaven. This is a spiritual kingdom. It resides along with a physical, evil fleshy kingdom.
We are born into this evil kingdom. When we are born again, we are born into the spiritual kingdom.

Therefore all of the passages of evil that can't enter the Kingdom are physical. Since we are in the new spiritual Kingdom, evil doesn't and can't exist.