Ghost and Haints

riverbank

Also when I was around the same age we had left my grandparents house. It was me, my mama and my little sister. Dad was at work. I was in the back seat wide awake and just listening to the tires roll down the road. My folks live out in the middle of nowhere in Oglethorpe county. We were going down the road in silence, all of a sudden I heard my dad just as plain as day say "I love you son". My dad has always been a big joker so I thought he was hid in the back of the Ford explorer we were in. I was looking back there when my mama asked what I was doing. I asked her where dad was. She said he's at work I guess. I told her about what I heard and she laughed. When we got home and told Dad he was shocked and said are you serious? He drove an 18 wheeler and said he was just going down the road thinking about me and actually said out loud that he loved me. We still talk about that. I don't really believe in that kind of thing but I heard it so plain that it was/ still is very strange.

Reactions: Dub

toyota4x4h

Im planning a trip to Charleston and savannah this fall. Staying in The Battery Carriage House in Charleston and The Marshall House in Savannah. Im looking forward to it!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think Charleston still has the haint tours, too.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I know a guy down in SC who is 100% Billy, except he has two arms. Back years ago, he said he walked about a mile down the dirt road to his cousins' house to visit. It was long after dark when he left to walk back home, and he had forgotten to bring a flashlight. He did have a .22 rifle. And a healthy buzz.

He never did like being out in the dark by himself to begin with, and as he was walking back down the dirt road toward his house, it was pitch black; that kind of can't see-your-hand-in-front-of-your-face dark. He could barely see the lighter surface of the dirt road enough to stay on it.

He said he heard a noise ahead of him, and stopped. Then a white thing came floating toward him at about eye level. He backed up, but it kept getting closer.

He didn't know what it was, but he was scared. He hollered at it and asked it who it was. It stopped for a minute, then started closing in on him again, floating through the air. It didn't say anything.

He was really scared now, so he hollered at it again that if it didn't stop or say something, he was gonna shoot it. It paused again for a second, then started floating toward him again. When it got within a few feet of him, he jerked his rifle up and shot.

He said the white thing hit the ground. He heard a loud, sighing sound, and some thrashing. He tore off running back to his cousins' house, and ran into the house all wild-eyed, and saying that he done shot a haint.

They got in his cousin's truck and came back up the road to investigate. There, laying in the middle of the dirt road, was a big, dead, black cow with a white face. They drug it back to the house and cut it up and put it in the freezer.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

I could also tell the story about the time he ran himself almost to death for miles through the woods from the flashlight that was shining on the trees above him, thinking the game warden was after him. But when he finally couldn't run any more and fell over on the ground heaving; he found that the light chasing him that he was running from was just a flashlight in his back pocket that had came on from the switch rubbing in his pocket, and was shining on the trees above him. But, that wouldn't be on-topic in the haint thread. :bounce:

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I could also tell the story about the time he ran himself almost to death for miles through the woods from the flashlight that was shining on the trees above him, thinking the game warden was after him. But when he finally couldn't run any more and fell over on the ground heaving; he found that the light chasing him that he was running from was just a flashlight in his back pocket that had came on from the switch rubbing in his pocket, and was shining on the trees above him. But, that wouldn't be on-topic in the haint thread. :bounce:

:bounce::bounce: H22 runs with the flash light shining behind him at all times. TRUTH!

Reactions: Dub

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
It's a wonder he didn't run into a tree and knock himself out.

Capt Quirk

We just did a quick google search and landed on those two in each city! Are there better more haunted places than those!? We was gonna do St Augustine too but only have a week and don't want to be rushed.
The wife and I did the St. Augustine walking tour. It was interesting, and a good stroll (Check out Scarlett O'Hara's!), but the only activity we witnessed was when we got home.

The step Daughter and her Fiance were watching the boys for us. When we got in the house, they had turned off the tv and stuff, ready to go home. While we were standing between the kitchen and living room, the tv, cable box, and the surround system all came on at the same time, full volume.

smokey30725

My cousin owns the Olson House in Savannah. It's been used in tons of movies, including the legend of Bagger Vance. He wasn't a believer until he moved in. The ghost of a little girl is very active there. She routinely slams doors and runs around the attic at night. He had somewhat gotten used to it when he started remodeling the kitchen last month. He said for several days straight, she would make all kinds of racket in the house. He said it's the first time he's truly gotten worried. He said he didn't know anything else to do other than yell out to her that he was just fixing up the house and meant no harm. That was last week and he said she's been quiet ever since. He occasionally yells out to her at night if she is running up and down the attic stairs and he said typically she stops right then. I talked him into setting up a camera and videoing it, but he said she started making all kinds of racket so he shut it off and said he would never try again. He lives alone there and I have no idea how he does it. Some guests last year woke up to see her standing at the foot of their bed. They yelled out and said she just disappeared. The house has even been featured on the show Ghost Hunters.

toyota4x4h

My cousin owns the Olson House in Savannah. It's been used in tons of movies, including the legend of Bagger Vance. He wasn't a believer until he moved in. The ghost of a little girl is very active there. She routinely slams doors and runs around the attic at night. He had somewhat gotten used to it when he started remodeling the kitchen last month. He said for several days straight, she would make all kinds of racket in the house. He said it's the first time he's truly gotten worried. He said he didn't know anything else to do other than yell out to her that he was just fixing up the house and meant no harm. That was last week and he said she's been quiet ever since. He occasionally yells out to her at night if she is running up and down the attic stairs and he said typically she stops right then. I talked him into setting up a camera and videoing it, but he said she started making all kinds of racket so he shut it off and said he would never try again. He lives alone there and I have no idea how he does it. Some guests last year woke up to see her standing at the foot of their bed. They yelled out and said she just disappeared. The house has even been featured on the show Ghost Hunters.

:yeah: Since you know him pm me info on the place if its a place to stay that's interesting! I googled it but cant find anything. Thanks

smokey30725

:yeah: Since you know him pm me info on the place if its a place to stay that's interesting! I googled it but cant find anything. Thanks

It's his private residence. He said the ghost gets stirred up about once every few weeks, especially around the holidays.

riverbank

I always make my wife go first. She says it's because I'm scared. But it's just because I know that those type of things like to sneak up from behind.

westcobbdog

Showed a house in Euharlee late yesterday afternoon. Buyer was excited about this cute older remodeled house and started taking pics with her phone to show her sister. Later she looked closer and in nearly every pic there are 3 green heart shaped lights, be it the kitchen family room bedroom ect...all having a faint glow rising upwards sorta like a faint leg. Very Strange.

Buddrow

Saw a few unexplainable things. A old lady in our old house. But then again I did some stoopid stuff and saw a 50foot chicken walking across I20 so.