Sig 10mm

pacecars

Woo Hoo! Just bought a Sig Tacops 1911 10mm. I am impressed! The trigger pull is light and extremely smooth. No creep and minimal over-travel. It has night sights and comes with 4 mags. Hope to have a range report in a few days.

660griz

That is a Purdy gun! I love my G29 but, it doesn't have the looks, or trigger pull, of yours. I settled for mag capacity.

pacecars

I have had several Glock 20s and 29s, Colt Delta Elite, Dan Wesson Cbob, S&W 610s and numerous other 10mms. I currently have a Ruger GP-100 that David Clements converted to 10mm. You might say I am addicted to the 10mm. I have wanted the Sig since one of their reps told me they would be coming out with the 1911 2 years ago. I figure I will rotate the GP-100 and the Sig for EDC

rosewood

Nice rig. Can't go wrong with a Sig or a 10mm or a 1911. 3 greats combined into 1. Since I already have a 10mm 1911 (para ordnance), I myself would like a P220 10mm, but Sig thinks more of them than my wallet does. :)

Rosewood

Dub

NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to the range reports.

Assuming this may get some use in the woods on deer/hogs. Any ideas of the loads you are gonna run in it ?

Always been an admirer of the 10mm.

Sig makes a fine slabside pistol, too. You've got it all in that one.....nice beefy frame, light rail, magwell, excellent gripping.....sweet sights.

Looking forward to seeing this one develop.

Last edited:

pacecars

I have shot deer and pigs with various 10mms and my favorite load is a the Double Tap 200 gr hardcast lead bullet. It shoots well out of the Glocks, S&W 610 and my Clements GP-100. Hopefully the Sig will like it too. This round is great at breaking shoulders. I used it in a S&W 610 with a 5 inch barrel on a Texas heart shot on a wounded deer at about 50 yards and it went in the back of the right ham and came out in front of the left shoulder. You can't ask for better performance than that. I have recently been trying the Underwood ammo with a 200 gr hardcast bullet and so far it looks promising too.

For everyday carry the mags will be stuffed with 175 gr Winchester Silvertips

pacecars

Not the best pic but here it is with the VZ Grips installed

I had recently picked up a Glock 20 10mm because I was intrigued with the caliber. Still trying to get used to the trigger after being spoiled by 1911's for close to 40 years. That Sig is a VERY nice handgun!

Dub

Man, that looks great. How's it shooting for you ?

I hear ya @21 on the Glock vs 1911 trigger.

There is simply nothing like a nice 1911 trigger to spoil you for anything else.

pacecars

It has been shooting very well. I have run 175 gr Win SilverTip and some 180 gr Double Tap and both are shooting very well at 25 yds. I tried some 200 gr hard cast Double Taps at 50 yds and they were under 2 inches

Dub

Outstanding. Those 200gr hard cast bullets sound like bad medicine for deer & hogs.

How does the Sig 1911 stack up against your 6" Remington ? Both guns seem like really good 10mm hunters.

Does it have a fully supported barrel or is it like the Delta Elite? I talked to a dealer in Marietta Ga today and he said it's not listed in the 2017 catalog, what's up with that? I was thinking strongly about getting one, but it looks like they are hard to get. I hope they didn't stop making them already, but for sure if I start liking something it will go out of production..... :(

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
That is a sweet looking pistol

pacecars

Does it have a fully supported barrel or is it like the Delta Elite? I talked to a dealer in Marietta Ga today and he said it's not listed in the 2017 catalog, what's up with that? I was thinking strongly about getting one, but it looks like they are hard to get. I hope they didn't stop making them already, but for sure if I start liking something it will go out of production..... :(

The barrel is fully supported.

I have been wanting one of these ever since one of Sig's sales reps told my dealer a couple of years ago that they had a 10mm 1911 in the works. They started showing up on Gunbroker all of the sudden so I called my dealer and they had 2 come in that day so I told them to hold it and I would be there in 10 minutes. A friend of mine bought the other one almost as quickly as I did.

For some reason they still don't have it listed in their catalog

pacecars

They are now listed on their web site. Only the Tacops is available in 10mm so far. I am hoping they will chamber it in either the Fastback Nightmare carry or the Emperor Scorpion Carry

Dub

I'm believing you have the best of the current Sig 10mm offerings.

I looked at their new version of the P220 in 10mm today.

It was tightly fitted, SAO, excellent heft....super feel in hand. The trigger was sublime....on par with a well tuned 1911.

Two drawbacks: the price & the crazy looking camo job that is the only way you can order them according to the salesguy.

It is cool that there are more companies supporting the 10mm with guns that can actually handle legitimate 10mm loads...not just glorified hot .40s&w loads.

Last edited:

I, too, looked at a p220, camo paint job and all. Handed it right back----what a clunky feeling gun! Has to rate right up there with my Glock 20 in unintuitive design and feel (I include my own gun as I have no problem condemning my stuff too!) but the Glock was bought at a price point to get into 10mm's, so it is said with that reservation. Of course, YMMV and it's a personal thing when it comes to guns so I'm not knocking anyone else's choice here. The .45 tacops I got to handle was NICE, with the exception of a flat mainspring( I prefer the arched, no big deal to swap) and the external extractor---which may in fact be fine, I'm just used to the original. The fully supported barrel would be a selling point with the 10mm.