Terrova

TincanMan

Anybody care to offer an opinion on theirs? Wondering if stowing/deploying is a hassle. Would you just get an Ulterra instead? Thanks all!!

Bugpac

I got a terrova, It stores and deploys in the same space as a ulterra, Just depends if you want to push a lever, or a button for 1000.00...

StriperrHunterr

I have the riptide SP70 and I'm looking to upgrade to the Ulterra. I have bad knees from my time in the Army and getting up to the bow to kneel down to deploy/stow can be really rough. That has nothing to do with the motor itself and everything to do with my knee damage. If I didn't have that issue I'd likely stay with the Riptide, though having an integrated transducer in the foot, in case I wanted to bowmount a finder, is a nice option.

LTZ25

Stripper is wright on , both are very good ( I've had both) the older you get the better the Ulterra looks , I've had my Ullterra for a year now and it works great , the remote came in very handy in December when I needed it get me to shallow water .

HookinLips

I have the terrova. Love the way the controls are, the auto-pilot, the spot lock, and the remote (even though I rarely use the remote). Don't have much of a need for button deploy. Plus, I used to have the genesis...and the button deploy broke on it...a couple times... Assuming they've made improvements on the button deploy since then.

LTZ25

I have the terrova. Love the way the controls are, the auto-pilot, the spot lock, and the remote (even though I rarely use the remote). Don't have much of a need for button deploy. Plus, I used to have the genesis...and the button deploy broke on it...a couple times... Assuming they've made improvements on the button deploy since then.

They have been redesigned .

HookinLips

They have been redesigned .

Figured so. That was such a long time ago when I had the genesis. Just didn't have a strong desire for button deploy again or to spend $1K more. :D
And as for getting shallow, well, I can just reach up and adjust the shaft easily.

Troutman3000

I wouldnt trade in the Ulterra for anything, its worth the money if you are deploying the trolling motor all the time. I havent had the Terrova but deploying the powerdrive v2 was murder on my bad neck. I dont even have to go to the front of the boat anymore now or deal with the motor in rough water. Never have to leave the console to deploy and keep your eyes on the fish finder.

LTZ25

Figured so. That was such a long time ago when I had the genesis. Just didn't have a strong desire for button deploy again or to spend $1K more. :D
And as for getting shallow, well, I can just reach up and adjust the shaft easily.

When I wrote about it getting in shallow , I was referring to when I fell in and had to hang on back and use TM to get to were I could get back in boat .

TincanMan

Great example and glad it worked out ok forcyou. Thanks for the fed back yall. Other opinions welcome even those against.

HookinLips

When I wrote about it getting in shallow , I was referring to when I fell in and had to hang on back and use TM to get to were I could get back in boat .

Gotcha. Might be time for a ladder on the back of that pretty center console. :biggrin2:

StriperrHunterr

Great example and glad it worked out ok forcyou. Thanks for the fed back yall. Other opinions welcome even those against.

I seriously think the only negative opinion you're going to get on them is the initial cost. That's the only reason I haven't upgraded mine already.

TincanMan

Well I bit the bullet and put an order in on an Ulterra. Hope to have some stellar reports in the next month or so. I have visions of spot locking over a hump while helping the kids drop minnows down on unsuspecting spotted bass dancing in my head. Cheers!!

StriperrHunterr

Well I bit the bullet and put an order in on an Ulterra. Hope to have some stellar reports in the next month or so. I have visions of spot locking over a hump while helping the kids drop minnows down on unsuspecting spotted bass dancing in my head. Cheers!!

Congrats, I'm hoping to close the deal on mine sometime this year. :cry:

TincanMan

Following up. This motor is awesome and will change your fishing experience. You're not tied to the bow all day. Now I drive up to my area. Deploy the motor then cruise up to my spot. All before I've gotten out from behind the wheel. I know it was expensive but so far it was worth the $. The motor held my boat in place out in the middle of allatoona Sunday afternoon. It was crazy out there and we were able to fish a spot as long as we wanted to.

StriperrHunterr

Following up. This motor is awesome and will change your fishing experience. You're not tied to the bow all day. Now I drive up to my area. Deploy the motor then cruise up to my spot. All before I've gotten out from behind the wheel. I know it was expensive but so far it was worth the $. The motor held my boat in place out in the middle of allatoona Sunday afternoon. It was crazy out there and we were able to fish a spot as long as we wanted to.

Congrats.