I'm going to church

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Physical evidence is there. Saul didn't believe then he became Peter. I told you this before for whatever reason you have you don't want to accept witness and personal testimony as evidence. I think based on our conversation its because of the pain you and I experience when Our loved one dies. Sometimes we pray for mercy and don't receive it and that anger's us.
Richie, nothing that you say is evidence would stand up in a court of law.
My loss of loved ones came many years after I
was well on my way of my current line of thought.
I do not have sour grapes. I didn't pray for something, not get my way, and then get mad at a god. There is no god to get mad at.

Surely if your god brought people back from the dead, healed diseased people, cured blindness, kept them safe from accidents and even in j-sephs case extorted money from a boss to give his wife a raise....
Why hasn't your god answered one single prayer to help an amputee out?

j_seph

Ill ask you too since j-seph has not answered,

You believe in prayer. You claim to have had prayers answered and have witnessed miracles as far as health issues being cured etc.
Do you know of any amputees that prayed and had their limbs regrow?
Sorry I have not been on here. No I have not witnessed it. However I have a friend who lost his arm in a motorcycle wreck. Howeve, through God he happened to be put in a place to run into someone that actually got him hooked up with latest and greatest robotic arm. Just because someone has lost a limb and it does not grow back doesn't mean there is no God. My late wife had a brain tumor, there was many prayer went up for her to be cured. That was not in Gods plan. Had it not been for that, I would be a different person today. Many lives she touched in 10 years fighting it and gave many a reason to keep fighting and living. How would you react with a brain tumor, knowing your odds? She cried one time in 10 years and that was only because she was told she could not have kids. Why did we meet at least 5 other people that had brain tumors and they died long before she did?

j_seph

Richie, nothing that you say is evidence would stand up in a court of law.
My loss of loved ones came many years after I
was well on my way of my current line of thought.
I do not have sour grapes. I didn't pray for something, not get my way, and then get mad at a god. There is no god to get mad at.

Surely if your god brought people back from the dead, healed diseased people, cured blindness, kept them safe from accidents and even in j-sephs case extorted money from a boss to give his wife a raise....
Why hasn't your god answered one single prayer to help an amputee out?

I can only assume you hunt as you are on an outdoors forum. Possibly you are in a hunting club as well. If someone told you in the club or maybe even a neighbor that they had been seeing a big buck crossing at a certain spot would you or would you not go and setup to hunt that spot at least once or twice?

WaltL1

No indoctrination here brother. Total free will. I'm as hard headed as they come nobody can tell me anything I will find out for myself. I would argue they didn't totally understand what was happening nor do I claim to . But you have to admit we are all more educated and have more knowledge than the average person 2000 years ago. What they thought was a rain God was God. You can add any prefix you like. Arrogance perhaps but that's how strongly I know what I know based on my life experiences.
So according to you -
they didn't totally understand what was happening
1. They didn't understand what was happening to them.
nor do I claim to
2. You don't understand what happened to you.

And your argument is -
I would argue they didn't totally understand
Maybe its just me but........

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Sorry I have not been on here. No I have not witnessed it. However I have a friend who lost his arm in a motorcycle wreck. Howeve, through God he happened to be put in a place to run into someone that actually got him hooked up with latest and greatest robotic arm. Just because someone has lost a limb and it does not grow back doesn't mean there is no God. My late wife had a brain tumor, there was many prayer went up for her to be cured. That was not in Gods plan. Had it not been for that, I would be a different person today. Many lives she touched in 10 years fighting it and gave many a reason to keep fighting and living. How would you react with a brain tumor, knowing your odds? She cried one time in 10 years and that was only because she was told she could not have kids. Why did we meet at least 5 other people that had brain tumors and they died long before she did?

Those things happen to people who do believe in Jesus, Allah, Krishna and every other god. Those things happen to people who do not pray to any god.
Nothing you have said stands out as the work of any god whatsoever.

Whatever ailment I happen to have is gonna play out however it plays out.

I am sorry for your loss of loved ones but people live and people pass on. Some make it longer than others but we all die. People all over the world survive against all the odds against them. It happens. A god has nothing to do with it.

j_seph

Those things happen to people who do believe in Jesus, Allah, Krishna and every other god. Those things happen to people who do not pray to any god.
Nothing you have said stands out as the work of any god whatsoever.

Whatever ailment I happen to have is gonna play out however it plays out.

I am sorry for your loss of loved ones but people live and people pass on. Some make it longer than others but we all die. People all over the world survive against all the odds against them. It happens. A god has nothing to do with it.
I can only assume you hunt as you are on an outdoors forum. Possibly you are in a hunting club as well. If someone told you in the club or maybe even a neighbor that they had been seeing a big buck crossing at a certain spot would you or would you not go and setup to hunt that spot at least once or twice?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Id scout it myself to make sure it is in fact a big buck.
"Big " buck is relative.
I would first look for sign.
I would then set out a trail cam to see how big "big" is.
And then if the evidence matched the claims, I would try to set up in a spot that would bring the buck by me.
I definitely wouldn't brag about "my" buck until
I was able to show it.

But please, go on...

Last edited:

j_seph

Id scout it myself to make sure it is in fact a big buck.
"Big " buck is relative.
I would first look for sign.
I would then set out a trail cam to see how big "big" is.
And then if the evidence matched the claims, I would try to set up in a spot that would bring the buck by me.
I definitely wouldn't brag about "my" buck until
I was able to show it.

But please, go on...
But yet you would go out of your way to check it out, put the work in to find said deer and sign all based on one fellows testimony that he was there with an open mind that he could be or not be?

Are you not willing to go off many folks testimony about Christianity, put your time in at church and in his word with an open mind to find out if said God, Jesus, Holy Spirit exist?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
But yet you would go out of your way to check it out, put the work in to find said deer and sign all based on one fellows testimony that he was there with an open mind that he could be or not be?

Are you not willing to go off many folks testimony about Christianity, put your time in at church and in his word with an open mind to find out if said God, Jesus, Holy Spirit exist?
20 years of thinking there was a god
Plus
20+ years of trying to find a god is a heck of a scouting mission.
No evidence.
No god.

All I have on the trail cams are people running around chasing a god that isnt there.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

J-seph I have been going out of my way to find a god for the vast majority of all my years on this planet.
That is what has brought me to my current state.

ambush80

If you told me this buck walked on water and rose from the dead and that neither you nor your friend saw it yourselves but read about it in a book full of other myths I wouldn't bother.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
If you told me this buck walked on water and rose from the dead and that neither you nor your friend saw it yourselves but read about it in a book full of other myths I wouldn't bother.

^^^^:cool:
Like the bible, the believers try to interject reality with wishful thoughts in the hopes that the two mingle and make the wishful thoughts seem more believable.
Deer hunting/Jesus hunting.

ambush80

^^^^:cool:
Like the bible, the believers try to interject reality with wishful thoughts in the hopes that the two mingle and make the wishful thoughts seem more believable.
Deer hunting/Jesus hunting.

It's not worth lacing up my boots for.

I don't get why they think it might have happened "Just that ONE time". It's like they need it to be true so badly.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
It's not worth lacing up my boots for.

I don't get why they think it might have happened "Just that ONE time". It's like they need it to be true so badly.

It's all about what a person Needs to be true rather than what is actually true.

drippin' rock

1. Deer exists.
2. That is all.