A turkey hunters prayer

longbranch gamegetr

A Turkey Hunter's Prayer

I stand here this morning surrounded by Your beautiful creation and watch as the spring sky slowly fades from darkness to light. I have come to pursue the Longbeard, and through Your grace, I have been given this chance to do so.

As the first sparrow begins it's morning song from the tree above my head, I am reminded of the last time I stood in this spot, leaning against this oak and listening for the first sound of my prey. Only one bird broke his silence that day, but I was persistent and my aim was true. Later, as the sun rose above the treetops, a fine Longbeard lay at my feet.

I knelt beside him for a time, brushing my hand across his feathers, fanning his tail as it had been when he stepped into my view, admiring the length of his beard and his spurs. Then, as a feeling of remorse washed over me, I lowered my head and thanked You for my life... and for the one I had taken... for the beauty of this world... and for the precious freedom to chase this wonderful creature.

I am brought back from my memories as the silence is stirred by a distant gobble...

If this is the last time I stand here beside this oak, the last sound that stirs my heart, if it is my last day on this earth, if this is the last breath that I take... I will use it to thank You for all that I have been given.

Amen.

Good luck, be safe in morning!

Timber1

BANNED
Woke this morning the wind was calm
Had to rush out the door to be there by dawn.
Called one up and shot him dead
He flopped once so I stomped his head.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great post , kinda the same feelings I have , good luck to you !

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Amen! Thank you God for all my abilities you've provided for me!!!!!!!