16 lb largemouth caught this morning

61BelAir

Awesome fish. I didn't know where Black Creek Plantation was, but I know Black Creek and seeing ya'll are from McIntyre and Toomsboro I just looked it up. Man I drive through that road all the time and never heard of it or knew it was back there. I fish the waters of Black Creek (not on the Plantation/Lodge) not too far from there and caught my PB there in '15. I sure wish I could have gotten her weighed on certified scales.
Back in the 80's I went to a large pond back in the woods off Mt. Carmel with a friend of Daddy. I was like 10 or 12. We were on the dam and there was so much vegetation in the water that you could only fish in little gaps of clearing. He was catching huge bream, but I kept seeing giant bass hovering around and threw everything I could think of to them. They would watch my lure go by, but wouldn't follow it. I ended up not catching anything that day because I wanted one of those big bass and could have been catching monster bream. I never got to go back and now I'm not positive which one it was. I think from looking on Google Earth it's probably the one closest to Flemings. I guess it doesn't really matter because I wouldn't be able to go out there anyway. LOL

Eugene Stinson

I should would like to know what that fish looked like in the bed.
5lb fish look huge when on the bed.
Nice catch!

Cletus T.

MAN…..what a bass……….that is the catch of a lifetime right there! Congrats to the angler and those eyeballs make me want to jump a fire!!!!

61BelAir

I just saw a different picture of this bass that my co-worker showed me. I've gotta say it looks even bigger than the one posted on here. Awesome fish!! I'll see if I can get a copy of it on here for ya'll.

This big girl was caught about 7 miles from my house and 3.5 from my fishing hole that's produced several huge bass. There's gotta be some good genetics in the area.

easbell

Most of the details on this bass were in a GON article that published in May if anyone is interested.

Bream Pole

beautiful fish thanks for posting. You know its a shame but you used to read with regularity in the 60's and early 70's of bass that size being caught in Fla. Never read about it anymore. Not sure why. My personal best is a little over 8 lbs caught in a black water-- what we called a seepage pond --near Albany Ga. that rose out of the ground when the river was CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoreded to form Lake Seminole.